v-z nav not starting up , i,have,a,phone,5's,-,.,yesterday,my,viz,navigator,opened,to,the,red,screen,then,went,back,to,the,app,desktop.,i,tried,serial,times,but,it,always,opens,to,the,red,version,screen,and,then,bounces,back,out.,help
Lorisue1

not sure if it is the ios update but yesterday by vz navigator filed to initiate. I get to the first red screen and then it bounces me out and back to my app screen, shutting down doesn't help

anyone else have this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: v-z nav not starting up , i,have,a,phone,5's,-,.,yesterday,my,viz,navigator,opened,to,the,red,screen,then,went,back,to,the,app,desktop.,i,tried,serial,times,but,it,always,opens,to,the,red,version,screen,and,then,bounces,back,out.,help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lorisue1,

Let's get this ironed out for you so you can enjoy VZ Navigator again. Have you uninstalled & re-installed that app after the software update? If not, that quick reset may be just the trick.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: v-z nav not starting up , i,have,a,phone,5's,-,.,yesterday,my,viz,navigator,opened,to,the,red,screen,then,went,back,to,the,app,desktop.,i,tried,serial,times,but,it,always,opens,to,the,red,version,screen,and,then,bounces,back,out.,help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be lost without my VZNavigator app Lori, let's get this issue situated and resolved. You mentioned the iOS update, did issue start immediately after you updated the iOS version? Do you have a strong coverage signal? How many signal bars on your screen? Try deleting the app, power off/on, reinstall the app for now and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Orv75

Yes, exact same problem noticed yesterday (iOS 9.0.2)

0 Likes
emrdrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, same problem here! After upgrading to iOS 9.0.2 on my iPhone 5c, VZ Navigator crashes and turns itself off in mid-trip. This has happened each time I've used it. Because I depend on it for my trips, this is most frustrating! Can anyone tell me how to fix this?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Orv75,

That's certainly alarming to hear! We want to make sure you can count on your navigator. Is the app up to date? Do you get any error or anything like that?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emrdrd, Yikes, lets get these curves in the road handled for you. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application? You can also go to settings and clear the apps cache and restart the phone. This should force an update on the phone for the application.
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes
emrdrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many thanks, but Navigator still quits about a minute or two after I start it. It just shuts off. I tried removing and then reinstalling the app, but I have the same problem. Again, this is on an iPhone 5c and has happened ever since I upgraded to the latest iOS. It's unnerving to be in the middle of a trip and dependent on GPS that just stops working. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emrdrd, travel without direction is never a good thing and we want yours to be safe. As you indicated that this began after the latest software update, let's check the space that is available on your phone. Please go to the Settings, General, About and view both the Capacity and Available space to see what we have. If the memory is currently low, this could certainly create the application issue that we are seeing.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
emrdrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, thanks for your response. I just checked my iPhone 5c capacity and it says I have 1.8 GB available. Is this too little memory? Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emrdrd,

We appreciate you troubeshooting with us in efforts to get your VZ Navigator to work.  Your phone is low on memory and can cause the device to malfuction. I would recommend clearning out space on your phone.  Are you having issues with any other applications on your phone?  Do you get any error messages?

YareliM_VZW