voicemail notifications not displayed
tomefleming
Enthusiast - Level 1

Voicemail notifications are not displayed on my Phone App on Apple 5s unless cellular data is enable displaying it on visual voicemail.

I would like to be notified of voicemail even when cellular data is disabled as it was before.

How do I set this up?

Labels (2)
Re: voicemail notifications not displayed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tomefleming, I don't want you to miss any of your voice mails. While you are connected to your wi-fi do you still have your cellular data turned on? You can always check when you are on wi-fi go into your Settings, tap on Cellular, and make sure the switches are green for Cellular Data and Enable LTE. You will only get notifications for voice mail while on the cellular data network. You should still be getting missed call notifications and you will be able to dial into your Voice mail with *86 while cellular data is disabled.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
john_john
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not getting these either.   It doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or cellular data.  I have never received a voicemail notification on my Note 4.

John

Weth
Legend

With the latest iOS upgrade, notifications will only show if you have cellular data turned on. This is something introduced from Apple and not Verizon. It is not known whether Apple considers this a bug and will fix it in newer iOS updates or it is "working as intended."

0 Likes
ultrawahine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having problems for about a year with my iPhone4. I was getting the voicemail indicator and was able to retrieve them. Then all of a sudden, no indicators even though callers said they left a message. They also said it was the default greeting and not my custom one. I tried to set it up again but had problems with that.

Recently I upgraded to the 5C and same problem. When I access voicemail to try to retrieve emails, it asks for my PIN which is supposedly the same as the password for the Verizon website. Well, that didn't work and I tried every possible PIN that I could think of. So now I can't retrieve any emails that may have been left AND I don't get an indicator. I have both LTE and Cellular Data enabled.

This is frustrating as hell. Can I just get my voicemail totally reset from ground zero? I need this working again. What's the point of having voicemail service when you can't use it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi ultrawahine!

I know voice mail notifications are very important and I apologize for the inconvenience! Let's get to the bottom of this. Please follow and Private Message me for additional assistance.

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ultrawahine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not use Twitter and prefer not to sign up just to get an answer. Can you please provide a solution here on this post?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The good news is that we do not require you to sign up for Twitter. This is just our signature letting our community know that we are also on Twitter for support.

We are asking  you to reply to our private message here so we can get more details from you. We may need to check the provisoning for your account.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
madmax627
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem on my Galaxy S6 and really need to get this fixed on both our phones. We missed several important calls, including job search related, because of it.

MaxLa2843
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here, different phone but mine is a Galaxy S5, which until today I did not realize was NOT giving me a voicemail notification. 19 voicemails and no notification symbol EVER showed.  What is going on, @VZWsupport?

0 Likes