Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why does caller id show unknown when the caller is on my contact list
silke4

When I receive a phone call from someone in my contacts lists it shows up as "Unknown" without a phone number. What can I do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why does caller id show unknown when the caller is on my contact list
Weth
Sr. Leader

The caller may have CallerID blocking turned on so his or her number is not sent with the call. In Verizon this can be done online to block your CallerID for every call or you can dial *67 before the number to block your CallerID from only that call.

silke4

But this happens with every caller. I know for a fact that the most common callers don't have CallerID blocking turned on. Is there a setting on the phone that I should change to allow incoming CallerID?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
silke4,

I know how important it is to be able to see who is calling. I'm concerned it is happening with all calls. How long has this been going on? Did anything change on your device before this started occurring? Any software updates of new apps downloaded?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes