Re: why does my iPhone 5s disconnect calls all the time
Bigbear043

Just a question. This sounds like I am backing up data and pictures, etc. Will this resolve the issue of dropping calls, and having people say "your breaking up" because of poor voice transmission. Everything on the phone works fine, it's just voice that is the problem. It seems that a lot of other people are having the same issue. Thanks for the link.

0 Likes
Bigbear043

The other problem is the unbelievable battery drain. I use my 5C for 6 hrs and it goes to 92% leave the 5S on standby, not even being used, and it goes to 67% in the same amount of time or less. It seems to me that the battery and the calls being dropped could be somehow related. Something internal is grounded or short circuited could be a possibility. Is there a way Verizon could put this on a test jig and monitor it's behavior? The tech could even use it all day to see how the phone (voice) acts on every call. I don't mind giving up the phone for a few days, it is useless the way it operates at this point. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a phone that works 100% of the time Bigbear043. Does your phone have the latest software? Is there any damage to the phone? Have we replaced your phone yet?

KInquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwuspport

0 Likes
Bigbear043

The latest software is 8.0.2 (12A405). No, there is no damage whatsoever. It has had this problem from the start. Other two i-phones work fine, they hold the battery for a full day, where as this i-phone only holds a charge for about 4 hrs without ever using it. We re charge it at noon to make it through the day. The phone has not been replaced, but I think that has to be the next step. We can drop the phone off at VZ store so they can see the problem 1st hand. We have an external case (from VZ), that provides a charge to the phone, and without it the phone would not make it thru a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Bigbear043. Allow us to look info this deeper for you. What zip code are you in? Also, are you having any issues with data services? Try resetting network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, reboot, and retest. Keep us posted.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bigbear043

zip is 12303  Data and everything else is great, just voice and battery issues

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, Bigbear043! You certainly deserve the most reliable service. Has there been any improvements since resetting the network settings? How does it work in other areas? Share details.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bigbear043

It is the same in any location. the reset was done at VZ on one of the five visits. VZ recommended going to a level two tech, which I have not done at this point. I think we have exhausted all avenues at this point. If we keep on our present course, the existing contract will be upon us. I think the next step is to drop off the phone to VZ and let them use it for whatever time they need. I am sure they will see the problem I am talking about. That will eliminate the back and forth between us, and save time to boot. I am not asking for another phone, I am only asking that this be fixed so I can use it to make a simple call. I am under the impression that these smart phones are very smart (data, text, etc) but they are not designed to make a simple phone call. Never had the problem with a dumb phone. Thanks, Chuck

0 Likes