1x or 3G next to satellite?
Priyanka89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched to Verizon yesterday and there is only one bar for satellite and the internet is not loading at all at work. There is 1X or 3G next to it but the phone barely connects to internet. When I was with other phone company, I had full network where I sit. The zip code is 60056-2151. Please let me know if you can do something about this, because I am at work most of the day and need to have full network and satellite.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1x or 3G next to satellite?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Priyanka89,

Hearing about what is going on with your internet on your phone has us very worried. That zip code should have full 4G LTE coverage. How is your internet outside of work and which make/model phone do you have?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Priyanka89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I have iPhone 6 Plus and the internet outside the work is 3g and the Verizon satellite is 3 bars.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

what do you mean by satellite?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a bit odd, Priyanka89! We show this area should have 4G coverage. Do you know anyone else with Verizon in this area? Does their service work better, or do they have these same issues?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Priyanka89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I just asked couple of people in the building with Verizon and they said they do not get 4G network here. One also said it drains the battery so much because it is constantly searching for 4G.

Sent from my iPhone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking Priyanka89. That is odd, but we can figure this out. Please make sure LTE is enabled in Settings>Cellular. Have you been able to use 4G LTE at all? Outside, inside, at any location? Did you have this problem with your previous phone?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Priyanka89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

Yes I have been able to use 4g LTE in other locations and at home when I'm not using Wi-Fi

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying. So it sounds as though there is moderate to no coverage inside the work place. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee coverage indoors since there may be building materials or equipment that may be affecting the tower strength.
We have some employers that have found the Network Extender http://bit.ly/Pkrl8a beneficial.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Priyanka89
Enthusiast - Level 2

It toggles between 3G and 1x

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes