$200 Rebate
ecgilday

I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 Plus, and filled out the rebate form, but my phone did not come until after the October 15 end date for the rebate. I also have not received the shipping material and it has been over 2 weeks since I received my iPhone 6. Now I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to be eligible for the $200 rebate. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $200 Rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you worrying too much about your rebate, ecgilday. As long as you submitted your original trade in details at www.vzw.com/tradein prior to the end of the promotion, you'll be getting your trade in materials within 3 weeks of receiving your phone. You'll actually have until December 1st to send the trade into the center. If you're concerned about the status, click the Contact Us link at the website above or give the Device Recycling Center a call at 877-835-2024.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

The end date for the rebate was extended due to late shipments. But you could get more money selling the phone on Craigslist or eBay.

0 Likes
jseg11

Take your trade-in phone to a corporate Verizon store for an instant credit to your account or for a gift card. 

0 Likes
jseg11

And if you are trading in an old iPhone, do not forget to log-in to your Find My iPhone account and delete the phone that you will be trading in, from the account.  Or turn off the feature in the iPhone settings before wiping the phone clean.

Over and over in this Community you see people  complaining that they did not get a full refund because of a lock activation issue (Find My iPhone), which they had to agree to turning off when they applied for the trade-in offer, but actually neglected to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you worrying too much about your rebate, ecgilday. As long as you submitted your original trade in details at www.vzw.com/tradein prior to the end of the promotion, you'll be getting your trade in materials within 3 weeks of receiving your phone. You'll actually have until December 1st to send the trade into the center. If you're concerned about the status, click the Contact Us link at the website above or give the Device Recycling Center a call at 877-835-2024.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Actually, people even have proof the function was de-activated...

0 Likes
HoustonSpurs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be very careful with this.  I sent a fully functioning operable unlocked iPhone 5 and was promised $200 for the phone.  Verizon has given me $76 for it and there is no way to contact them to ask why this has happened.  All they do here is tell you to call a number that is impossible to get through on.

If you can get your $200 elsewhere I would take that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HoustonSpurs,

Hearing that you received less of the original value offered in certainly concerning. When you traded in the phone was the find my iPhone option turned off before resetting? We do understand the wait time to reach a represenatative is longer than normal when calling in to the trade in team, but you can reach out to them via email. You can reach them here http://vz.to/1pJQcUb under the "How do I contact you" section. The trade in team will respond in the order the message was received.

CandiceH_ VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HoustonSpurs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Candice, you literally cannot get through on that number.  There is no call queuing system.  You get a message about 'All representatives are busy due to high call volume' and are told to call back at another time, then the line is dropped.  You cannot wait to speak to someone!  It's absolutely horrendous customer service, like something out of the 1980s.

I was given another number to call on here that isn't on the website and finally got through.  Now I have to wait 14 days to see what happens.  The representative told me the SIM card tray was missing.  That's an absolute lie.  It was a Sprint iPhone 5.  I never even used the SIM card slot!  In 2 years of owning the phone I never used it once.  Find my iPhone was turned off and I have the email to prove it.

By the way, I emailed your trade in department last week via that web page.  Never heard anything back.

As a recent convert from Sprint to Verizon I have to say I'm shocked at this shoddy customer service.  It's even worse than Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly apologize for the problems you've experienced trying to contact our trade in department HoustonSpurs. I know it's important to have this resolved. However, that is the only department who can assist you. If you have your submission ID, you should be able to see the specific reason, by typing in the informaton in our trade in website.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes