$200 gift card question
mkmini13

I just pre-ordered my iphone 6 over the weekend at my local verizon store. They said i wouldn't get the phone until the first week of October. Once i get the phone in October can i still send my old phone in for the $200 gift card or is it to late then?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $200 gift card question
phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

If you are going to process your gift card online then you will have until Dec 1st to return your device.  You must submit it before 9/30/2014 to qualify, though.

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very interesting. My store refused to pre-order two for us. They said it had to be done online.

it is amazing how bad this launch is. Everyone we've talked to at Verizon and at the store had different answers and now I'm seeing posts with something else that is different from what we were told.

0 Likes
phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

Asurion is handling the trade-in program, just like always.  They are just offering more money in this particular instance.  Several months ago I traded in some iPhone 4s that were upgraded to 5Cs and got 100 bucks for each.  Now my old 32GB 4S won't fetch 100 bucks on its own.  The trade-in rules are still the same.  Even if the people in the store process it for you, it doesn't happen immediately.  It'll take about 6 weeks to get your gift card or information on the gift card AND you can still get less than what they tell you in the store (because they inspect it once they receive it). 

I apologize that you've had so much trouble.  The corporate stores are full of sales people.  While they might have access to the same information that someone in call center does, they often don't know how to use it.  The people in the call centers (customer service/tech support) know how to utilize all of this information, but their primary job isn't to sell you something.  Once you visit the trade-in portion of the website you will see the special restrictions and requirements.

Best of luck getting everything ordered and processed!

0 Likes