3G on iPhone 6, abnormally slow/very high ping
ethancedrik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this normal for a 3G connection, I had LTE intentionally disabled because when I'm inside school I can only get 3G and 1X so it helps save battery life but I don't remember 3G being this slow, here are screenshots from the speed test app. This is in West Lafayette Indiana

image.jpg

image.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3G on iPhone 6, abnormally slow/very high ping
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ethancedrik!  Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us!  Yes that all appears normal for 3G coverage.  Keep in mind 4G is 10 times faster than 3G, so if you are used to 4G data speeds & connections, you will see a difference.  If you have any further questions or concerns don't hesitate to let us know.  Thanks for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer!  Have a great evening!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ethancedrik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also I usually get 3 bars, not sure why I only have 1 in those screenshots

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ethancedrik!

The upload speed is in line with what we may expect, but the download speed it slower than we would like. Have you gotten faster speeds in the past? How long have you been noticing issues like this?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ethancedrik!  Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us!  Yes that all appears normal for 3G coverage.  Keep in mind 4G is 10 times faster than 3G, so if you are used to 4G data speeds & connections, you will see a difference.  If you have any further questions or concerns don't hesitate to let us know.  Thanks for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer!  Have a great evening!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
ethancedrik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah this is what I'm more used to seeing

image.jpg

I'm not sure if that low download speed was because I was farther away from the tower or what

0 Likes