Anyone else have poor service after getting an IPHONE6?
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on my 4th IPHONE, so it's not that.  I've had multiple conversations with Verizon and they opened a ticket and have since stopped communicating with me about the problem.  My contract is up and I'm thinking of jumping ship.  I would hate to, because I've always had exception cell service up to this point.  My last phone was an IPHONE 4S.  My wife still has her 4S and is afraid to move to a new phone with 4G LTE because we think it's that or some weird setting on my account for that network.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone else have poor service after getting an IPHONE6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jatchley,

Service is key. Let's see what option we have for increasing your service. What is your zip code? Is this an issue just inside your home? Do you have Advanced Calling turned in Settings? Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE>Voice and Data. Change to Data only. Let us know if that makes a difference.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be heartbroken to see you leave us, avettese. Let's get to the bottom of what changed since getting your new phone. How is your wife's service on her 4S? What is turned on under Enable LTE? http://vz.to/1jAlB01

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lynn,

thanks for getting back to me.  My wife's IPHONE 4S is perfect on your service as was mine when I had a 4S.  I wish you could pull up my account to see what other reps have already gone through.

I've tried rebooting my phone (I do shut my phone off every night also)

I'm on IOS 9.0.1 (will be updating to 9.0.2 later tonight)

I've also had multiple carrier updates (currently version 21.1)

I've tried switching from LTE voice, to LTE voice and Data and LTE off.

I use ITUNES to back up and for my music

I  work with over 2000 people here and have not found anyone on the Verizon network with an IPHONE 6 have these issues.  This is why I think it's some sort of setting in my account on your end.

Poor data speeds (.5mbs or less)

dropped voice, not necessarily the call itself, but that has happened also.

I hope you can help,

Thanks,

Al

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Al, we do appreciate you supplying all of the steps you have taken so far. We do want to get to the bottomo of this for you. You mentioned you've had "4" iPhones. Have they all been iPhone 6 replacements? At any point have you had your sim card replaced yet?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina,

Yes, sorry, they have all been IPHONE 6 replacements. In at least one case, I did replace the SIM card.  I really don't think the issue is on my end because we've really exhausted everything with the hardware.  Actually, I dropped a call just last week leaving work.  My IPHONE 4S never dropped calls from where I work, (that's where I was, outside of the building even).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification and we will check into everything for you. When you are dropping calls is the issue happening both indoor and outdoor? There wouldn't be any setting on the account that would cause this issue to happen so we then have to review the network and ultimately the device. I know you've have a few replacements already so we want to gather more information about the network in the area. 

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
jatchley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact issue!! I upgraded to the 6 abt March 2015 and NOW I have to go into certain areas of the home to get even 1 or 2 bars! I understand the 4LTE should be stronger than the 3. bull rap!!!! I also had a 4s before the 6 and recently charged it to give to my friend. I was surprised to notice both the 6 & 4s phones side by side; the 4s had almost full strength in signal and the 6 iPhone had 1 bar...what is wrong with this picture?? I called Verizon tech once and they could not find a damn thing thru the network that would cause this. I also know the booster they offer you is absolutely "FREE" with your residence. Verizon will make you think you have to pay for this booster. Legally it is free!! As soon as they open (what happened to the 24/7 service?) cant find # nowhere after search all over the site for 30 friggin min!!! I believe politics has a lot to do with service I have heard version turning towers to benefit others (money talks)  while others (like us) suffer..........im thinking about changing my service, its just one more "day" of unexpected priorities to add to my list !! ugh!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jatchley,

Service is key. Let's see what option we have for increasing your service. What is your zip code? Is this an issue just inside your home? Do you have Advanced Calling turned in Settings? Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE>Voice and Data. Change to Data only. Let us know if that makes a difference.

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

The dropped calls (or just dropped voice communication- call stays connected), happens both inside AND outside.  Since we have replaced the hardware (all iphone 6) 4 times and there's no setting on my account, I would have to say that the 4G network is maybe spread too thin and not as strong as the 3G?  I would appreciate some sort of resolution and I appreciate Verizon getting back to me.   I will go to a Verizon store and try another SIM card when I have a chance to get over there.

I do have an upgrade available on my account, but I am hesitant to enter another 2 year agreement given the issues I have now.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a newer SIM in situations like this can certainly help, avettese. You would even be able to test out the phone right there in the store before leaving. To get a better idea of the area, what zip code are you in where this happens? If your wife is getting great service on her phone, is there anything different between yours and hers (settings, apps, usage, phone case, etc)?

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes