My iPhone 6+ cannot 'log' on to touch tone automated services like teleconference service providers.
I'm writing all this crap down because no one at Apple or Verizon seems to have a fix for it.
Issue: I make a standard phone call to a teleconference provider. I try to type in a 10 digit code and it always cuts me off before getting to the 10th digit, thus implying the phone's keys are 'sticking' and pushing more digits to the service provider than I am actually providing. The screen only shows my 10 digits, but I cannot never type them all in.
1) This does not happen on LTE. It works fine then.
2) This does not happen on 3G away from my house. It works fine then.
3) It ONLY happens at home where I dial with the help of a Verizon Samsung Wireless Extender in 3G (LTE does not work with the extender, so I turn LTE off at home). This is necessary because I have a home office in a place with poor verizon signal and I lack a ground line. So the Extender allows me to keep a steady phone connection.
4) What happens in (3) above ONLY happens on my new iPhone 6+, as my prior iPhone 5 (attached to the same Extender) had zero problems.
5) What happens in (3) consistently occurs at other teleconference-like providers. I tried it on a city jury duty dial-in service lately, and an access code was also required and the same thing happened consistently, again, only on 3G and only on my iPhone 6+ and only on the home extender.
6) Other folks have had this issue with other extenders:
1) Either my new iPhone 6+ or iOS 8 (new to my house with the new phone) does not communicate well with the Extender, even when LTE is correctly turned off to allow the Extender to work.
Solution: Unknown. Either Apple needs to bring forward an update urgently (these are vital work telecons I must take at home) or Verizon needs to send an update signal with a # code that will allow the extender to 'talk' with the phone. In either case, I AM AT WIT'S END WITH THIS! Please help!
I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing using your DTMF tones while connected to your network extender! I would love to make sure we get this resolved for you.
Are you able to verify you're connected to the Network Extender before trying to use the DTMF tones on a call? You can do this by dialing #48 and then the call button. After verifying you're connected, please attemt the call needing the DTMF entry and let us know what happens.
If this is only happening when connected to a Network Extener, I would recommend resetting the Network Extender and re-testing! http://vz.to/1qTUOZC
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
I tried dialing in five times with each of the following settings:
Connecting on LTE (with no confirmation boop-boop tone that I'm on the 3G Extender): the telecon login worked five out of five times. This is impractical for me as I have wretched LTE signal where I live and it snaps hard over to 1x signal every 2-5 minutes and drops my call. That's why I got an extender!
Connecting on 3G (after a #48 positive confirmation boop-boop tone that I'm on the 3G Extender): telecon login worked zero out of five times. I had stellar 3G signal, but the 'overdialing' DTMF problem was consistent and I was unable to connect to the telecon service.
Thanks for the quick reply. What do we try next?
Your link does not have the means to reset the extender. I looked on the page linked, the manual, and the troubleshooting section. Please explain how to reset the extender.
Is it like resetting a wifi router or cable modem?
ahsanford, no worries. We can walk you through the steps. First, power that device off/on to soft reset it and then reconfigure it. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
1) Soft reset of Extender did not change anything. Issue still consistently occurs.
2) Extender is properly configured -- all 4 lights are blue and I continue to get the two tone 'boop-boop' noise when I am on 3G and make or receive a call.
3) Applied iOS update 8.1.1 (which was released last night) as it was touted to solve various handset snafus. No effect. Extender still works as intended and the issue still consistently occurs.
I presume someone on Verizon's end has tried to reproduce the problem and verify the issue. Has Verizon attempted to dial into any automated systems through a 3G Extender with any iOS 8 phones? A simple 'press 1 for this, press 2 for that' sort of system will not show this issue; it must be a multi-digit touch tone entry like typing in an account number, phone number, zip code, etc.
Please advise of next steps, and thank you!