Anyone experienced with Verizon on phone service?
hvu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgrade iphone 4s to Iphone 6. The sale rep gave me tier contract but after signing up, i look at Verizon Edge is much better deal as i don't have to pay up front $550. I called they ask me to go the store to change the plan! I thought the customer service should be easy over the phone. Once you hooked up, you're on your own!

I've been 15 years with Verizon wireless and i am not really happy with the service at all. I feel more pressure the same way going to car dealership

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone experienced with Verizon on phone service?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return the phone and essentially cancel the line. The reason you have to go back to the store is because they most likely would need to follow those appropriate steps and then resign you up on the Edge plan.

0 Likes
hvu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even receive it yet. I just order today and realize the sale rep didn't actually give me discount. He just took off $200 from 2 year contract and add a bunch of accessories which i original thought they're for free as a long term customer. So $200 discount from each phone (i have 2) will be $99.99 each and add up accessories  the total goes up to over $500 out of my pocket. That's why i think Verizon Edge is much better fit and  just want to change. I would prefer to take all accessories off the deal.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you ordered everything online, accessories too, you should be able to send it all back and start fresh. You have 14 days to return it, so I would suggest finding out what steps you need to take to mail it back. Keep in mind you will have restocking fees so I would ask what they will be.

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

This $550 seems to me to be a iphone6 with max 128gb memory. It is kind of a near even amount payout of the edge plan. Just more out of pocket. But you own your phone 100% from day one. Not so with edge plans.

I highly recommend you call Apple direct and get their 2 year warranty for the phone. $100. Best warranty available.

Covers everything but lost or stolen. Plus you can call Apple for support. Only 60 days from initial purchase to buy from Apple.

0 Likes
hvu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely switched to Verizon Edge. In the long run (24 months), i save almost $500 compare to 2 years contract (which includes accessories that i can buy great quality with cheaper prices). The way the Verizon sale man did is to play around with the number that makes me think i get better deal.

After talking over the phone with 5 different Verzon customer rep, I receive 5 different answers! This drive me nut. Also, the guy in store didn't fully complete the paperwork that I'm still be billed for over $500 after switching from 2 years contract to Verizon Edge.  Until the last customer service that I called yesterday will be able to straighten out everything correctly. She mentioned that nothing shown in the system until she researched more.

I'm not sure if this is the way Verizon trains their employees or they'd better improve their customer service.

Long story short, I'm not satisfied with Verizon customer service at all (being their customer for almost 15 years). I temporarily stay with Verizon for now until I find something else better (ATT or T-mobil also offer good deals too).

Thanks.

0 Likes
hvu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, i know as i buy most things these days on-line. I made mistake as Verizon txt me to call in for $200 bill credit for upgrading my phone.

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

It's too late for you probably to change the type of plan with VZW. But if you are EVER going to get the billing correct

you must call Verizon direct at 800-922-0204. They can do things the local store cannot.

And never buy phone accessories in a store. Even at 50% off in store is near twice the price what you would pay

on eBay or Amazon which has a much larger selection of Everything for your phone.

You never give up your old phone until 100% of all data is transferred to your new phone. Not ever.

There is no need to go to a VZW store in the future, all can be done and ordered online or by phone in the future.

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Something to keep in mind with Apple phones. If you get your password wrong a few times for the Apple ID you are

using for iCloud and/or iTunes Store, then Apple will lock down the Apple ID. You have to go to the Apple ID and login from a regular web browser to realize this. Answer some secret questions or send recovery link to a previously registered email. All else fails call Apple. They will walk you thru.

The iPhone will not tell you your account is locked, just never login.

0 Likes