Apple iPhone 6 won't stay connected to the wifi. How can this be resolved?
kshaw9680
Enthusiast - Level 2

My new Apple iPhone 6 doesn't connect to wifi, nor will it accept the password for it. Other devices in our household do connect with no problem. Sometimes it does succeed, but it won't stay connected.  What can I do to resolve this problem?  I have tried the troubleshooting suggestions of turning the phone off and on, and resetting the newtwork connections.  Nothing works.  What else can I try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple iPhone 6 won't stay connected to the wifi. How can this be resolved?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kshaw9680, we want to make sure your new iPhone is working correctly with all of it's features. Are you able to connect your iPhone to other wi-fi networks outside of your home? Do you get any kind of error mesages when you try to connect to the wi-fi? Also, have you tried to forget the home wi-fi and re-add it? http://spr.ly/6581BHI2B Please keep me posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

1) Make sure you have the latest iOS version update on your iPhone (Settings/General/Software Update)

2) Make sure your wireless router has the latest firmware version updated

3) On your phone, reset network settings (Settings/General - scrolls to bottom/Reset/Reset Network Settings). After this step you will need to re-enter all you bluetooth and wifi passwords, but nothing else is erased. Do step 2 and 4 before you re-enter the passwords

4) When you do #2, also unplug your router for a minute and then plug it back in.

Resetting the router and updating firmware work even if other devices are connecting to the router no problem. I have seen this many times.

0 Likes
kshaw9680
Enthusiast - Level 2

It took me a long time to work on this, but I did finally succeed today in connecting my device to the Wifi. It was a problem with our network itself. Thank you for your suggestions.

kshaw9680
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally connected my device. It was a problem with our network, which was strange because my laptop had no problem connecting and that threw me off. Thank you very much for your suggestions. I'll keep a copy for future problems.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I See that frequently.  Since others devices are working, most people assume the router and network is ok.

0 Likes