Apple news+ 6 month subscription reward not working
checkreward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Apple news + 6 month subscription Verizon reward is not working. First I was on chat for Verizon representative for 30 minutes, told uninstall and reinstall the apple news app, then given a number to call which I spend 1 hour. I called that number and representative took all the information and told me its apple issue and I need to talk to apple representative. I talked to apple representative and after all the process I was told its Verizon issue they need to provide promotion code.

So I spent I hour and 30 minutes with no result. 

My IOS is up-to-date.

Please let me know the next steps.

Labels (1)
Re: Apple news+ 6 month subscription reward not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Checkreward. We would be happy to look in to this issue further for you. When did you first try to take advantage of the promotion? Also, did you recently purchase an iPad from us?    CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Mbseed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this EXACT thing happen to me. The time spent on the phone with Verizon, uninstall, reinstall of both apps, then given a website for Apple. 

There are A LOT of people reporting this  same issue on this forum and elsewhere online. Please repair this glitch asap or take the reward off and credit us back the reward. 

I have an iPhone 12 Pro but this is happening to all phone types, even new iPad purchasers who had a subscription with purpose.

0 Likes
Hanner124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I've replied in other threads so I hope I'm not being repetitive but I just want to help because I know how annoying this issue is. I saw someone had commented that your device needs to have the latest iOS 14 update for this promo to work. My phone can only update to iOS12 and I thought I was out of luck but then I logged into my apple account on one of my family member's devices that does have the iOS14 and the link finally worked so I refreshed my account on my phone and was finally able to enjoy this promo after 2 long months of trying. Hope this helps 🙂

0 Likes
MH70

I just tried today, November 1st, 2021, and the message from Apple + News is that this offer “has expired.” How do I proceed with claiming the offer? Obviously, this isn’t the first time there’s been a glitch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm really sorry the promotion isn't working for you, MH70! How long have you had your device? Do you know the software version? -Vanessa

0 Likes