Re: BAIT AND SWITCHED BY VERIZON WIRELESS - IPHONE PREORDING LIES
etomd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat as baitandswitch but am not worked up about my pre-ordered phones (6+ 128 GB gold and grey models) ordered at 12:30 AM on 9/12 and 6 (silver 16GB) ordered on 9/14 in store being delayed. I did expect shipment on September 19...but, oh well.  I have received nothing beyond the initial confirmation email for those three phones.

I am old enough to know what it is like to talk on rotary dial phones where you were literally tied to the phone by the cord, not yet wireless.  I vividly recall having to stop my car, pull over and find a pay phone if I needed to make a call. So, while somewhat disappointed in the delay, life goes on. Texting...internet and all the other goodies, I lived for a long time without these perks and somehow survived.

Having stated that, I will not ever pre-order with Verizon or a carrier again. I have always done it with Apple and always have gotten my iPhone or iPad shipped on day 1.  Lesson learned. I went to a half-dozen stores today including a local Apple Store.   None of the Verizon stores I went to had ANY iPhones and wouldn't get any until late October. Best Buy had models I didn't want.  Same with Target and WalMart. I could have stayed in line at Apple but knowing I already had pre-orders I didn't want to wait in line only to be told that I had to cancel my pre-orders first before I could get my hands on the phones (two 6+ and one 6). I didn't know if I would be able to do this easily in the Apple store so I left. My son got his iPhone 6 grey 64GB today so it is all about which models are in demand and in stock with Verizon.

This hype occurs with virtually every major Apple iPhone launch. It is like Christmas coming and going and not even getting a bunch of coal. But eventually Santa Claus comes and all the kids are happy.

0 Likes