Bait and switch
Sarahrose925

A chat representative quoted me a price for the iPhone6s using an "offer" available for my account, and ten minutes later, a representative over the phone, when I went to place my order, would not honor what the original rep had told me. I have the chat saved as proof that this was the discount/offer that we had agreed on, but NO ONE would honor this price. I have spoken with supervisor after supervisor, but no one will fix this issue. This is BAIT AND SWITCH and it's ILLEGAL. I want someone to make this RIGHT. I'm sick of being pushed around by these huge corporations.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch
mama23dogs
Legend

Actually, it isn't bait and switch.  Bait and switch is promising an item, but actually selling you a cheaper lesser quality item.  Like you pay for an iPhone 6s, but they ship you an iPhone 5s. 

There is good reason the second rep can't offer you the same deal.  Each rep gets a budget every month for credits they can offer.  Once it's gone, they have nothing left till the following month. 

NOt only that, but Verizon cannot be held to any verbal or chat offer made by an employee.  That's why everything is in writing and if it isnt in Verizon customer policies, you cannot hold them to it.

I Don't know what offer was made, but your options are clear, deal with what is available or leave in a huff if that's where your headed.  Either way, Verizon will manage.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sarahrose925,

As a consumer I know conflicting information can be discouraging and I'm here to help. Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes