Brighthouse Voicemail Text to iPhone
michsunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi I signed up for voicemail with my cable company.  The feature I really wanted was for the cable company to send text of any message I received on my home phone to my iPhone.  I am not getting any.  I am getting a text to my email but not to my text messaging.  I have a neighbor and hers works perfectly.  Anyone have any ideal how to get this to work?  My cable company Brighthouse said its not their system as it is sending texts to my email.  Does Verizon have some block on my text messages?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Brighthouse Voicemail Text to iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michsunshine,

Receiving your messages is very important. I can relate to your concern here. When you entered the forwarding address for your device, was it entered as a ten digit number, or as an email address? Having worked with a similar service of my own, I had to enter my phone’s email address. Try entering your ten digit number followed by @vtext.com. What happens?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BHNtechXpert

The feature you are talking about was part of an App called EZGadget which is no longer supported or available.  You may still receive your voicemails converted to text via email however.

Gary Doda

Sr. Manager Technical Communications & Customer Forums

Bright House Networks

0 Likes
michsunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does voice to text work on my neighbors phone then?

Sent from Carolyn's iPad

0 Likes
michsunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I entered my ten digit cell phone with @vtext.com as you suggested and so far nothing

Sent from Carolyn's iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michsunshine,

We absolutely want to get this working for you. Let’s keep moving forward. Do you receive text from other people? Has anything changed since you updated to vtext?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michsunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi thanks so much for trying to help. Let me explain from the beginning. I originally used

Easy Gadget, a program Brighthouse used for voicemail. Brighthouse has since dropped

Easy Gadget and is now doing their own voicemail program. When I go into their

support page I am able to program my voice messages on my landline phone to go to my

Email but they will not go to my phone number as text. Yes you are correct I was using my

10 digit phone number. I tried changing my email to my ten digit number @vtext.com

But nothing happened. I did not get emails or text. Brighthouse has a ticket in and says

It's a software clitch on their end. The reason I want my home voice messages to go to my

Cell phone is I wear an Apple Watch and my cell phones sends all text messages to my

watch Which then vibrates on my wrist. I don't want all my emails coming to my watch as

That is not practical, however getting text messages is very useful. So for now I guess I will

Leave emails going to my Apple Watch so I get all my home voice messages. Hope all this

Makes sense to you.

Sent from Carolyn's iPad

0 Likes