CALLERS CAN'T HEAR ME UNLESS I PLUG NOISE CANCEL HOLE ON THE BACK OF PHONE?
KJKNEPPER

WHY CAN NO ONE HEAR ME UNLESS I PLUG THE LITTLE HOLE ON THE BACK OF THE PHONE WHILE I TALK ON IT.  THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY SOME KIND OF NOISE CANCELLING HELPFUL THING THAT ISN'T HELPFUL.  I'VE HAD MY PHONE SINCE JANUARY 2015 AND I'VE TREATED IT FAIRLY WELL UP UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN THE SCREEN CRACKED AFTER DROPPING IT.  SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, PROBABLY EVEN A YEAR AGO, I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH SOMEONE AND THEY KEPT SAYING THEY COULDN'T HEAR ME.  SPEAKER PHONE WORKS FINE, HEADPHONES WORK FINE, WHAT DOESN'T WORK FINE IS MY PHONE BEING A PHONE.  I DON'T KNOW WHETHER IT'S THE MICROPHONE OR NOT SINCE IT WORKS DURING THE SPEAKER FUNCTION BUT AN ONLINE FORUM OF USERS WITH THE SAME ISSUE SAY YOU HAVE TO PLUG THIS WHOLE WITH PUTTY AND THEN IT WORKS FINE.  I'M NOT DOING THAT.  REGARDLESS, I HAVE TO PLUG THIS STUPID HOLE AND HOLD THE PHONE LIKE THIS SPECIFICALLY OR NO ONE CAN HEAR ME TO TALK TO ME AND EVEN THEN IT ISN'T GOOD.  I DIDN'T DO THIS AND I DON'T WANT TO END UP HAVING TO PAY THE ASSURION FEE FOR A REPLACEMENT.  I'VE DONE EVERY POSSIBLE ADMINISTERABLE FIX AND NOTHING WORKS. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CALLERS CAN'T HEAR ME UNLESS I PLUG NOISE CANCEL HOLE ON THE BACK OF PHONE?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, KJKNEPPER. It is important to us that we get to the bottom of why you are having this trouble and I am glad to help.

Just for clarification, does the phone have any pother damage (water) besides the screen? Do the calls work fine every single time you plug the hole as you have mentioned? Have you run a diagnostic http://vz.to/2bd0zEP on the phone by any chance?

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KJKNEPPER
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KJKNEPPER,

I appreciate your attempts. Let's keep going. When you say you are plugging the hole on the back of the phone, which area of the device are you referring to? Please be more specific. Additionally, have you tried placing a call with a headset? What happens then?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KJKNEPPER

I have to cover the pinhole between the camera and the flash in order for anyone to hear me.  If I use headphones-iphone ones-then people have no problem hearing me and if I use the speaker function people can hear me and if I use the bluetooth people can hear me it's specifically when I try to use my phone as a phone and hold it normally that people cannot hear me.  I have to literally hold it in my hand while covering that pinhole with my index finger.  When it began happening I went online into different forums and I found this as a solution and it has worked but it has become really annoying and difficult to deal with any longer.

0 Likes