Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem started yesterday. When I get a call on my Iphone 6s, and the number is not in my contact list, the Caller ID displays "Unknown Name" and will not display the phone number. I can view the number only when I look at my call log after the phone stops ringing and it has gone to voicemail. This is incredibly annoying because I'd rather see the phone number to determine if it's a spam/auto dialer, which it usually is or if it's someone from my area. Prior to yesterday my phone would display the phone number. How do I get this to revert back? There does not appear to be a setting for it, and I have not modified any settings myself.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number
nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having your phone display the number can really come in handy lowchroma. We want to make sure we  get this back with your phone. Did any apps or software update when you noticed the change with the display? Are all your saved contacts displaying correctly when they call you?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Nicole, I haven't updated any significant apps to my knowledge. I have updated the fitbit and untapped app. My saved contacts are displaying correctly. my phone is requesting I update ios 10.1.1 but I have not done that yet.

0 Likes
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates Nicole?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your names to always display properly lowchroma. Did you update the software on your device? Updated software can fix minor issues with your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have made any/all software updates and the problem persists.

GREENETURTLE77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue too. It started when I signed up for caller ID. I think it's ridiculous that I can't see the number and the name at the same time. If this can't be fixed then I will stop paying for caller id.

GREENETURTLE77
Enthusiast - Level 1

And why is this still not resolved since November? Is nobody else inconvenienced by this problem? I am paying for caller id. I should be able to see the name (if there is one) AND the phone number for incoming calls. I can see the number after the caller has hung up or gone to voicemail in the call log. Why won't it show up when the phone is ringing? Unacceptable.

lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem has resurfaced (again) starting about 3-4 days ago. I'm getting either "Unknown Name" or the City from where the call originated from on the caller ID. I strongly prefer that the number shows instead of unknown name or the city. VW, please state what causes this problem.

Thank you

C2K2E
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just signed up for this and received my first call.  It said "Wireless Caller" but no number was displayed.  This is useless to me.  After I ended the call, I went into the call log and it displayed the number.  Why wouldn't it display the number at the time of the call?  Looks like this has been going on for quite some time.  I will cancel as well if this is how it works.