Calls from 800 and 833 numbers go straight to voicemail
Thematt999

My phone has stopped receiving calls from 800 and 833 numbers. Calls from those numbers go straight to voicemail. I'm able to receive other calls just fine, those numbers are not blocked, and do not disturb is not on. Any idea what the issue might be? iPhone 6S user, and my signal is good.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Calls from 800 and 833 numbers go straight to voicemail
nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We certainly want to make sure that you are receiving all your calls, Thematt999. Thank you for all the details and testing you've checked so far. Let's continue to investigate this for you. When did this start? Do you recall any changes to your phone around the time this started? For example, new software, new apps, new accessories, etc.? Can you call 800 numbers without any issues?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thematt999

Thanks, Nicole. I don't know when exactly this would have started, but I know for sure it was happening starting Monday of last week (1/7). I haven't updated my iOS in a while, so it wouldn't have been that. No other major changes have been made, so I'm not sure what might have caused the change. I was able to receive a call from an 844 number on Saturday, but also had an 844 call go straight to voicemail. I am able to make outgoing 800/833/844 calls OK.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thematt999,

I appreciate the details. We'll get to the bottom of this for you. Do you recall adding these numbers to a call/message block list via your My Verizon account? If so, have you logged in to remove this setting? Here's how Remove a Block - Call & Message Blocking - my verizon website | Verizon Wireless Can you tell me if you've noticed that this is happening in one specific location or everywhere you go?

JuanD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thematt999

Hi Juan. I checked to make sure these numbers weren't blocked on my phone, and we're good there. I also verified that I have no active blocks via My Verizon. Unfortunately, this seems to be happening in multiple locations. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate you checking those blocks and know that all of your calls are important. Are you able to call these numbers from your phone? Is the phone connected to Wi-Fi? Any issue with text messages or data? Would you happen to have Smart Family set up on your account as shown at Best parental control and monitoring app | Smart Family ?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Thematt999

Hi Loren. I am able to make outgoing calls to those numbers (although they're automated lines, so I may be getting re-routed in the process). At the time of the calls going directly to voicemail, on one occasion I was connected to wifi, but not in the other instance. No issues with text/data at those times. I am the only user on my account, and no Smart Family is active. Thanks!

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thematt999,

We truly appreciate these details. Does this happen everywhere you go? Does anyone else on your account or with Verizon have these same issues? What is the affected zip code?

JosephT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, Thermatt999. I am eager to help make sure you are able to call all toll free numbers. Let's begin with some troubleshooting. Please use the link here to reset your network settings: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/ Please note that resetting your network settings will erase your Wi-Fi password, so please ensure to input it after your phone powers on again. To ensure that enough time has passed for the network to settle in, please allow 5 minutes after both steps have been completed to test out the signal. 

Please provide me the closest intersection and zip code in your area. How many miles from your current location must you travel for all calls to process through successfully?

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
Thematt999

Hi Joseph, there are only two specific locations where I'm aware this has happened: my home (where I usually received calls with no problem) and while I was driving one day. Both are in zip code 30339. I am the only person/phone on my account.

0 Likes