Can I access a personal hotspot on my iPhone 6?
Teri1297
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told at the store that if I upgrade to the iPhone 6 I would be able to get a hot spot and connect up to 5 devices to my phone and it would use my unlimited data. Is this correct? I know that there would be a $30 charge but if it's correct I would rather do that and cancel the wifi at home!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal hot spot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teri1297,

Thanks for sharing that additional information. We definitely want to ensure you receive the correct information. If his line has yet to upgrade and would still have unlimited data, you can certainly add the hotspot and use that feature. One thing to keep in mind though is that being a 3G device, you would only receive 3G speeds with the hotspot. However, if his line upgrades with discount, removing the unlimited data feature, you would still have the option for the hotspot but not at an unlimited allowance.

Another option if the line is eligible for upgrade would be to use the DevicePayment plan for his line. This would allow him to keep unlimited data at the new price ($49.99) and then add the hot spot feature as an additional feature.

AdamGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Teri1297
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if I posted this question correctly... I was hoping to find something out....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Teri1297! Let's review this further for you. Have you already upgraded your device? What data plan do you have currently? Thanks in advance for clariyfing.

KVZWtieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Teri1297
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, currently using an iPhone 4. We haven't done any upgrade for fear of losing our unlimited data! We are still on the family share 1400.... 1400 minutes to share with unlimited text and data. We have had this for probably 7 years.

After being notified by Verizon that our bill would be going up $20 for each line with the unlimited But we could now get new phones   I went in last week and I upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus from the 5c. While checking out and discussing my husbands iPhone 4 one of the associates told me that when I upgrade his phone we could add the hot spot for $30 and use it with our laptops using his unlimited data.

I would just like to know if this is accurate information before I upgrade his phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teri1297,

Thanks for sharing that additional information. We definitely want to ensure you receive the correct information. If his line has yet to upgrade and would still have unlimited data, you can certainly add the hotspot and use that feature. One thing to keep in mind though is that being a 3G device, you would only receive 3G speeds with the hotspot. However, if his line upgrades with discount, removing the unlimited data feature, you would still have the option for the hotspot but not at an unlimited allowance.

Another option if the line is eligible for upgrade would be to use the DevicePayment plan for his line. This would allow him to keep unlimited data at the new price ($49.99) and then add the hot spot feature as an additional feature.

AdamGG_VZW

Teri1297
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the information!!!!

0 Likes