Can I cancel my pre order (upgrades included in order) on Friday morning while I am in line and secure two 6plus gray 16gb?
QWQ512
Enthusiast - Level 3

My preorder has a ship by 10/14.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I cancel my pre order (upgrades included in order) on Friday morning while I am in line and secure two 6plus gray 16gb?
AngelaIrene
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon in store may be a bit fickle in trying to help you maintain upgrade prices since you've technically used them for online orders.  Check your homepage on Verizon billing to see if your lines still show an eligible upgrade.  If not, you might be SOL.

Contact corporate via phone on three separate occasions/times of day.  Verizon customer service seems to be giving out a lot of different answers regards the same question, so it's best to see what answer pops up most.  Also, bugger asking any rep on these forums.  They don't have much pull when it comes to in-store matters and an answer from a person over the phone will be better (as well as explained and detailed manner about retaining that upgrade price in store, if it's possible...so get it and write it down in case anyone in store disputes it).

0 Likes
Re: Can I cancel my pre order (upgrades included in order) on Friday morning while I am in line and secure two 6plus gray 16gb?
theroamingjoe2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told by several different reps that you can.  My plan is to hang on to my pre-order until Friday.  When I have a phone in hand then I'll cancel my pre-order.  That is, assuming my pre-order doesn't ship before then.  You haven't burned your upgrade until you get the phone and activate it.  My account still shows I'm upgrade eligible, despite having an outstanding pre-order.

0 Likes
JJAndersen
Enthusiast - Level 2

You had better double check that. I called and canceled my pre order already because they screwed me over. After going on the apple website and checking to see if I have the upgrade option it said that I had a pending order. So I chatted online with a rep and he finally got it cancelled.  When I checked on the apple store it was verified and I could order or buy one again. I pre ordered at 3:10 AM EST on the 12th and my order was cancelled by the system because of an error then it was reissued with a date of 11/4 instead of the original 9/19. So I am just going to stand in line for one.

0 Likes
Re: Can I cancel my pre order (upgrades included in order) on Friday morning while I am in line and secure two 6plus  gray 16gb?
bluemanrising
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to a verizon rep and their manager, then their managers manager, and i was not successful in canceling my pre-order due to a "shipping label" has yet to be created for my device.  If i had a shipping label then they said they could cancel it immediately. Just to give you a heads up, if you successfully canceled your order, you probably were going to receive it on the 19th.......

0 Likes
Re: Can I cancel my pre order (upgrades included in order) on Friday morning while I am in line and secure two 6plus  gray 16gb?
theroamingjoe2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've checked with Verizon at least five or six times and they've all said the same thing.  When you get to the Apple store tell them you want to cancel your pre-order with Verizon because you are choosing to go the in-store route instead.  If it's like last year, and I'm thinking it definitely will be, there will be reps from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile there to help make sure things go smoothly.  I was assured I would not have to pay full price for the phone and that I can call the morning of and cancel the order.  Of course, with all the conflicting information flying around these days, YMMV.

0 Likes
theroamingjoe2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I should also add that I'm a business customer and I can't see my eligibility through their online checker anyway.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As long as your online order hasn't generated a shipping label (completed processing) on Friday then yes, the store can cancel the online order. I have done it before for my mother. We didn't have an issue at all. The in store  process took a little longer but we were in and out of the store within 30 mins

0 Likes
bluemanrising
Enthusiast - Level 3

See at i was told the opposite.  I am going to show up to the store and try my hardest, but if they wont help me out, i am just going to go to another carrier, enough said.  lol

0 Likes
theroamingjoe2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Knowing my luck, that's exactly what will happen!  lol

kaebfly wrote:

As long as your online order hasn't generated a shipping label (completed processing) on Friday then yes, the store can cancel the online order.

0 Likes