Can I upgrade phone but not the plan?
z2plus2equals5z

I have an iPhone 4 with a plan that is no longer available. I'd like to buy a new iPhone 6s at full price so I can keep my current plan. I've tried purchasing online but it won't let me. The only option is to "upgrade" to a new plan. I do not want this. If I purchase an iPhone 6s from Apple or another party that is not Verizon, could I just transfer my number to the new iPhone without interrupting my current plan?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade phone but not the plan?
Snn5
Legend

You can buy full price in store, should be able to buy online at full price as well, may need to log out and purchase as guest.  You can activate without changing your plan.

0 Likes
z2plus2equals5z

Thanks for replying. I tried to buy it full price on the Verizon site but it still would only give me the option to upgrade my plan, not just activate a new phone. It even gave me the warning that I would be abandoning my old plan for a new one. So I just want to make sure that if I buy the iPhone 6s from a 3rd party, that Verizon will just let me activate the phone without changing my plan. This plan of mine is pretty great which is why it doesn't exist any more. My brother lost his old plan but I think he switched to a completely different type phone. I figure if I keep it in the Apple family, that perhaps I can keep my current plan. Thanks for you help.

To: Jessica Martinis <z2plus2equals5z@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 5:38 AM

Subject: - Can I upgrade phone but not the plan?

#yiv4638513699 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

Can I upgrade phone but not the plan?

created by Snn5 in iPhone 6s - View the full discussionYou can buy full price in store, should be able to buy online at full price as well, may need to log out and purchase as guest.  You can activate without changing your plan. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 6s by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Buying a phone elsewhere, no matter the OS, as long as it is Verizon-compatible, does not change your plan.

0 Likes