Can I use a factory unlocked sealed iPhone 6 (cdma/gsm) on Verizon?
ijgarcia

I got a gift card for a third party merchant that I could use to buy an unlocked iPhone 6/6plus but worried that Verizon won't allow it. Any definitive info on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use a factory unlocked sealed iPhone 6 (cdma/gsm) on Verizon?
Snn5
Legend

I believe you can use a previously activated SIM, as in, your current SIM if it is the same size as the SIM in the i6 and activate, otherwise, Verizon won't have the phone in their database since it isn't a Verizon phone.

0 Likes
ijgarcia

Verizon is telling me they need the id number from the actual phone to let me know if I can use it or not. Think I may have to start looking for a new carrier.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any carrier will have to know that information.  If it's free, just get it and call around.  Won't hurt to try.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

LLike Snn5 said, if you can activate a SIM in another Verizon phone (same size ), then put it in the 6, there are reports that works.  You don't have to call Verizon

ijgarcia

So since the iPhone 5/6 use a different size SIM card than the 4, which is what I currently have, I can't get an iPhone 5 or 6 unless I buy it from Verizon?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

bborrow an iPhone 5 or higher.   Take out SIM in phone and keep it aside.  Go to Verizon corporate store. get sim and activate that phone on your account.  Leave store.  Take out new sim, put in your 6, put old sim back in borrowed iPhone and you are set