Can't Send Text to Email
funkychateau
Enthusiast - Level 2
I cant send a text message from my phone to my email address.

I can send email to text, by using my number with the suffix @VTEXT.com, but I can't go the other way. 

When I try to send a text reply to my email address, it says "delivered", but it never arrives to my email.
Labels (1)
Re: Can't Send Text to Email
funkychateau
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked the spam folder also, just in case my text went there, but it didn't.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

What messaging app are you using?  I just sent a test message from the Message+ app on my Droid Turbo 2 phone to my comcast.net email account and it was received fine from vtext.com.  Using my iPad and the Message+ app, it DOES NOT allow me to put in an email address as a destination.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
funkychateau
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m using the standard text app that was installed in the iPhone 6 Plus when new.

I can receive text messages that were sent from an email account, but when I reply, my message doesn’t reach the recipient.

There is no problem entering an email address in the recipient box for my text message, and my app declares it was “delivered”, but nothing ever shows up in the inbox.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It looks like the VZW technical support team would have be involved to try to replicate and/or capture the text messages coming into the network and determine what is being done with them. 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand wanting to be able to send an email via Vtext Funkychateau. It can make life easier sending it through the device. I can certainly take a look and help. There is a limitation on what can be sent or receive with Vtext. Have you tried to send a Vtext to another e-mail address? Have you ever been able to send a Vtext to this e-mail address before?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

on wi-fi??

i copy the message & paste into an email to myself.

0 Likes