Can't reviving texts
pdturcato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from AT&T tonight and now I cannot receive regular texts on my iPhone 6s.  When I send a text it says it was sent but the person never received it. I can send and receive iMessages. Does anyone know what this could be?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't reviving texts
Snn5
Legend

Porting your number, if you brought your number from ATT takes time, up to 3 days.  Make sure your old phone is off and SIM removed if equipped.  But again, porting, if this is what you did, doesn't happen all at once.  Calling, text, and data are activated one at a time.

pdturcato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in my other phone and they put everything on the new one using iTunes. I have the same number

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, that's fine but iTunes doesn't control the network, which controls calls, text and data.  Give it another day.  ATT and Verizon usually port pretty quickly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pdturcato,

Your service should be working at all times. We will make sure you are connected today. Just to verify is this the same phone that you are using from AT&T or a new phone purchased from Verizon? Does your phone say Verizon at the top? What error code do you hear when making a call? Please advise we are here to help.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The 6s works on all carriers I thought.  OP may need to register the IMEI with Verizon or use a Verizon SIM though.

0 Likes