Can't transfer a slo-mo video from iPhone 6 to PC
DaveWill

I love my iPhone 6, but it has some quirks. Here is one of them.  The slo-mo feature is amazing at 240 frames per second.  However, it is not good if I can only view the show motion video on the phone itself.  I have tried iCloud, Verizon Cloud, and Google Drive.  I also have an app that directly transfers files via wi-fi.  None of these work.  They either show the video at normal speed or stutter through the slow motion portion of the video - probably due to the player not being able to deal with the 240 fps.  I have done some web searching and have learned a little.  As I understand it, the video file somehow informs the player (I've tried Windows Media, Quick Time, and Irfan View among others) that it should play the slow motion area at the recorded rate of 240 frames per second, yielding a normal playback appearance.  Some of the solutions offered have been to upload it to you tube and then download it from there, load it into a video editor and set it to play everything at 30 frames per second, and other Rube Goldberg methods.  I just want to transfer it from my iPhone and have it play correctly without any editing.  Is there a player that can do this?  Or, is there an easy way to get standard video players to play at a fixed speed and not switch to the fast speed for slo-mo?

Is this the appropriate forum to ask this question?  My carrier is Verizon and I purchased the iPhone 6 through Verizon.  I will try posting this on the Apple forum.  I know that a lot of users are having this same problem.

Dave W

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't transfer a slo-mo video from iPhone 6 to PC
Weth
Legend

Uploading to YouTube keeps the slo-mo intact.  Also look at app TruSloMo

also a Dave W

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a fantastic question DaveWill, but is a little outside of our standard troubleshooting steps. I'd be happy to reach out to Apple directly to see if they have any input. I'll send you a private message here and go from there. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Uploading to YouTube keeps the slo-mo intact.  Also look at app TruSloMo

also a Dave W

0 Likes
DaveWill

Weth,

Thanks for suggesting truslomo to me.  It appears to be just what I need.  I am able to use it to convert my slow motion video and then transfer it to my PC.  It plays smoothly.  However, I'm puzzled about how it actually works.  I was able to produce a slow motion video from on I recorded at normal speed.  It must use fill-in frames between the 30 fps of the original video.  The playback is a little jerky.  Also, truslomo has 2 options:  a turtle (120 fps>) or a snail (240 fps?).  Only the turtle is available when converting normal video.  I need to take more videos (or write to the author) to understand that it is really using all the 240 fps to produce the final video.

You also suggested uploading to You Tube.  That is not something I want to do.  You Tube is public and I like to do a lot of testing of different techniques.  Having to upload each video, then download it, and finally delete it from You Tube is too many steps for me.  Also, it's one more site I have to give my email address to.

Thanks again for suggesting truslomo.  It's too bad that Apple has put that feature into the phone.

Dave W

0 Likes