Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannot make outgoing calls using keypad
jjroyer

My iphone 6 suddenly stopped making outgoing calls using the keypad.  I can make calls going through 'Favorites' or 'Contacts' but not with the keypad or using 'recents'.

I've tried adjusting all the settings that Apple recommends.  The phone is up to date with IOS 9.2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Cannot make outgoing calls using keypad
jjroyer

Alright.  Problem solved.

Not sure if Verizon just changed a setting - but now I have to use the area code even if the number I am calling is in the same area code.  This was never the case before!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lets get your phone back up and running in proper form. What happens when you attempt to make an outgoing call using the keypad?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jjroyer

It immediately goes to a message from Verizon stating the call cannot be completed as dialed.

0 Likes
jjroyer

Alright.  Problem solved.

Not sure if Verizon just changed a setting - but now I have to use the area code even if the number I am calling is in the same area code.  This was never the case before!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Glad to hear that it's up and running now! Please let us know if any additional questions or concerns come about.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes