Cannot receive phone calls from other carriers or sms messages from anyone
monkshine

Hello,

Last week i bought an iphone 6 and ported my phone number from tmobile to verizon. On thursday 3 texts i sent a friend did not go through but it appeared to fix itself. Then on sunday my wife, she has att, tried to call me and received a recording that said, "The person you are trying to reach can not receive phone calls at this time."

I contacted verizon support via chat and she asked me to try a few things such as resetting network settings and power cycling my phones. When this didn't work she submitted a ticket to a network support team. I received an email 2 hours later saying my issue was fixed. I sent an imessage to my wife who tried to call me and received the same message.

A few hours later I did a factory reset of my phone and my wife still received the error message. I downgraded my ios from 8.0.2 to 8 and she still received the error message. At this point a friend who was picking me up tried to text me(she has att) and call me and neither the texts nor the call came through.

I asked another friend to try to call me, he uses republic wireless, and still no dice. 2 other friends who have verizon were able to contact me though. 

It appears something may not be working with the cellular service. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could this be a problem with the porting of my number from tmobile?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive phone calls from other carriers or sms messages from anyone
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

How did you downgrade your iOS? Not aware of that being an option. At any rate, has your port completed? I've heard of people having this issue while the port is still in process.

0 Likes
monkshine

It's not an option provided by apple but if you look online there are ways to use itunes to downgrade. I am not sure if my port is complete. How would i find that out?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok. I'm not interested in using any of those methods lol. As far as how to find out if your port is truly complete I would think that VZW or your previous provider could tell you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

monkshine,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I would love to check to see if the port has completed for you today! The best way for us to check the status of the port is to be in a direct message. I sent you a message, can you please respond back to the message. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes