Charged for not returning a phone.
kraiss100

When I bought my IPhone 6 I was told I did not need to return the old phone.  Then I started receiving emails from Verizon to return the old one.  Verizon added a $297 to my bill last month.  I returned the old phone and it was received by Verizon on 6/5.  When can I expect to see a credit on my bill for returning this phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for not returning a phone.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you sign up for Early Edge or Edge up? Credits can take 2-3 billing cycles.

0 Likes
kraiss100

Edge Up Agreement [removed] (months 14 - 24) Remaining Balance

This is what is reflected on the bill.

Kathy

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

In order to Edge up you have to send in the device you bought when you originally signed up on the plan. It also must be in excellent working condition. I'm not sure why a Verizon rep wouldn't inform of you this, but I'm glad you were able to get that squared away.

You can always call or have a Chat session with Verizon to see where you're at with the return. Unfortunately they have experienced enormous amounts of trouble with Early Edge and Edge Up, entirely their fault and on their end. Please make sure you keep all paperwork, and correspondence you have with them that regards this matter.

This is a peer to peer forum (mostly) and the fastest way to reach someone is by calling of Chat. I can tell you that it does take 2-3 billing cycles for the fee to drop off, in some cases people are still experiencing issues 6+ months after they returned the device and have received a confirmation saying as such.

kraiss100

Thanks for your help.

Kathy Kraiss

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have 14 days to turn it in. If it was after 14 days don't expect a credit.

As part of your recent Edge device upgrade, you must send your old Edge device, or an authorized replacement to Verizon Wireless within 14 days of receiving your new device, or you'll be charged the remaining balance of your installment agreement.

0 Likes