Damaged/lost device + payment/replacement help
THEAMOOCOW77

Hi there. I was wondering,

I broke my phone, completely. As in, I can't see anything on screen, make or answer phone calls, nothing. I dodn't have it anymore, as I turned it in to a phone kiosk, like a [removed], without getting any of my phone ID numbers.  I'm still making payments on this device, and was wondering, with my insurance, if I pay for the new phone replacement, can I get my number somehow transferred over to that phone, and continue paying of the previous device without being charged extra? Or how would that work? I feel so dumb.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Damaged/lost device + payment/replacement help
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you turn in your broken phone to a kiosk without getting a replacement phone at the same time?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
THEAMOOCOW77

^^ Lack of money at the time. The kiosk only traded $20 for my phone. It was at a walmart.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well you can't make an insurance claim on the broken phone now because you no longer have the broken phone to turn into the insurance company after you would have received the replacement. Do even have a device activated on your line right now?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
THEAMOOCOW77

Yes.. The phone that's broken. It's still activated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you saying that you turned in and gave away a broken phone that is still activated on your line? How can you be sure that someone else won't just take the SIM card out of your phone and start calling Nigeria or someone other country and rack up all sort of havoc on your account?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Borrow a phone from a friend or family member or purchase an inexpensive phone and something else activated on your line ASAP!

0 Likes
THEAMOOCOW77

It's in a phone kiosk. I doubt anyone is gonna take my sim card. Plus I keep an eye on my account. Lol. I paid the insurance deductible and my phone will be here tomorrow. I just wanted to know if I could have my service/number transferred over to my new phone and continue paying it off like normal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The insurance company is going to want the broken phone turned into them. If you don't, they could charge you for the full cost of the replacement.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See thread. Using different device than i have payments on

0 Likes