Data Usage, gaming in particular
longsuefin
Enthusiast - Level 1

My spouse and I have the same phone, iphone 6 s.  We have 4 GB of data available but my husband's line is using much more data than mine.  It says "chatting 18 % and gaming 9 %.  "  My husband doesn't 'game' and chatting is very minimal.  How can I prove that we are getting charged for data that we aren't using?

Labels (1)
Re: Data Usage, gaming in particular
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@longsuefin ,

Accurate usage is always important to have, so thank you for sharing such helpful information. It's great to know that you've been checking out the Data Utilization Tool we have in My Verizon. This does not reflect all usage or amounts, and is not designed to match what is on a billing statement, but is intended to give a general understanding of how data is being used on your devices. The categories you see listed are based on whatever the phone's usage reports, so to check and see what is really being used on his phone, please go to Settings > Cellular, then scroll down to see a list of all applications on the phone that has been using mobile data, and an option to turn off that app's access.

-Russell

0 Likes