Data usage increase
Marcia9491

Why has my data usage suddenly increased?  My behavior has not changed but, suddenly, my usage has increased, even causing me to exceed my plan and costing me $$$!  I've disabled FB cellular but usage still has increased!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage increase
Weth
Legend

YYour ohone will tell you what apps are using the data under settings / cellular.  report the apps here using the data.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How long ago did you get your phone? Are you disabling cellular data while on Wi-Fi?

0 Likes
Marcia9491

I got my iPhone 6 last fall as a replacement for an iPhone 5.  The problem just began two months ago.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you install any new apps 2 months ago? Not sure about on the iPhone 6, but can you sort your apps in application manager by date?

0 Likes
Marcia9491

No new apps.  That is what bewildered me.  On the advice of Verizon, I have disabled cellular for Facebook in hopes of reducing usage.  That didn't help. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is Wi-Fi and option you've done in the past?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understan how concerning it can be when you notice a change in data usage Marcia9491. When did you notice the change? Did you recently upgrade your phone or install any new third party apps? Have you checked our data utilization tool online via My Verizon to determine what is causing the usage? For more information regarding our data utilization tool click, http://vz.to/1CtC3po

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Marcia9491

Yes.  I regularly use Wifi.

0 Likes
Marcia9491

Hello MIchelle,  I have not added any new apps but, last month, I exceeded my plan.  The history of my usage is pretty low and all previous months haven't even come close to meeting my plan.  I phoned Verizon and the person suggested disabling cellular for Facebook, one of the apps I use regularly.  I also noticed usage during the nighttime hours when there is no chance that I would be using the data plan.  The Verizon rep explained that the usage could be from automatic updates.  But during the nighttime hours, I am at my home and have active Wifi.   This month, I reached 90% of my data plan almost a week before the end of the cycle so I have disabled cellular until the end of the cycle.  Frustrating.  I have been a long time customer of  Verizon and am pretty unhappy right now.

0 Likes