Data usage when not on the phone
SCRAPPER1970

I have an Iphone 6S Plus, and since my last update it appears that my data usage is almost tripled in one week.  What is running or what can I shut off to eliminate this?  I generally don't use the web unless I am connected to a wi-fi.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage when not on the phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not the type of experience we want you to have. I know I would be shocked with that kind of increase. Let's get this figured out. What do you see when looking under Settings>Cellular. Do you see an app using a larger amount of data? Did you recently download a new application?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SCRAPPER1970

No new download that I can see but it shows now that since I got the new update that that the phone is taking 64.1kb now.  System services states 521mb and uninstalled apps 644KB

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get this fixed, SCREAPPER1970. There are background applications that uses data. You can turn off the cellular data for the applications in the Settings. Settings>Cellular>Scroll down and turn off. Once this is off, the applications can only be used when you are connected to WiFi.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes