Do I need separate icloud accounts for my 2 iphones?
ksjackson4

I recently upgraded my husband's phone to iphone 6s. I have an iphone 5. When i used backup assistant to backup his contacts, ALL contacts in the entire history of BOTH phones was put on his phone. Including contacts we had previously deleted. His phone also took on all attributes of ME - including my name, etc. I believe all of this is stemming from our icloud or itunes account, which are both set up in my name. We only have one icloud account for both phones - which I think is causing problems.

Do we both need to have a separate icloud/itunes account?

If we have separate accounts - can we still do "Family Share"?

Can I take our phones to a Verizon store for help clearing this all up? Or do I need to deal with Apple.

I'm so confused. Help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need separate icloud accounts for my 2 iphones?
mama23dogs
Legend

You should each have your own Apple ID.   You can use Apple's Family Sharing to share apps and music

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to keep your individual information separated, ksjackson4. Having one iCloud account would be the direct reason for duplicating the information between the two phones. You will want to create a new iCloud account for one of the phones to use. Apple offers free accounts, you can create a new one at itunes.com or icloud.com. The iCloud accounts are not related to your Verizon Wireless service, so you can definitely stay on one account with us together.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You should each have your own Apple ID.   You can use Apple's Family Sharing to share apps and music

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

0 Likes