Do I need to charge my iPhone 6 as I am activating it?
Whitestonegal

Do I begin my iPhone6 activation by just turning on the phone, or should it be plugged in (as if charging?)

Is it a smooth transition from the the iPhone5, or are there things I should know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need to plug in (charge) my iPhone 6 as I am activating? Or just turn it on and begin the activation?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Whitestonegal, It's exciting to learn all the options for using special features for your phone! I want to be as helpful as possible in providing a link for you. This will take to Apple's support and informational site for the Touch ID feature: http://spr.ly/6580Aeg0. I'm confident you'll find all the information you'll need.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Do I need to plug in (charge) my iPhone 6 as I am activating? Or just turn it on and begin the activation?
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

It's very simple to activate, the only difference really would be adding TouchID, which the iPhone 5 doesn't have. 

I would plug it in to charge because if you're restoring from an iCloud backup, which would contain your apps layout and things, it may take a while to download and the battery probably won't be at 100% out of the box.

0 Likes
Whitestonegal

Is it difficult to set up the Touch ID?

I'm not a tecchy person, so I apologize

If this sounds like a weird question.

Can I keep my current phone pass code ?

Or do I need a pass code since it has

Touch ID??

Thank you - I appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Whitestonegal, It's exciting to learn all the options for using special features for your phone! I want to be as helpful as possible in providing a link for you. This will take to Apple's support and informational site for the Touch ID feature: http://spr.ly/6580Aeg0. I'm confident you'll find all the information you'll need.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes