Do picture messages use data?
aceandhawk
Enthusiast - Level 1

when you send a photo with a text mesg. does it use data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when you send photos ontext does it use data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aceandhawk,

Greetings! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know how important it is to be able to estimate your data usage. You've asked a great question. Phones do use data to send multimiedia messages, which is basically what happens when you send a picture included in your phone's standard text message app/function. If you use other options to send pictures, such as email or third party messaging apps, you can use wifi instead if your phone allows for that. Have a great day!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aceandhawk,

Greetings! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know how important it is to be able to estimate your data usage. You've asked a great question. Phones do use data to send multimiedia messages, which is basically what happens when you send a picture included in your phone's standard text message app/function. If you use other options to send pictures, such as email or third party messaging apps, you can use wifi instead if your phone allows for that. Have a great day!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Weth
Legend

Green bubble - SMS/MMS message - data must be on, but it doesn't count against your data quota

Blue bubble -iMessage - if you are not on wifi, it will use your data

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You must also have an unlimited messaging plan for data not to count. 

0 Likes