Does 911 Still Work If I Have No Service?
BONRIG92

When I am in an area with no service on my IPhone 6, does 911 still work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does 911 Still Work If I Have No Service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we get you the service you are looking for.Were you able to get service back on your device? What zip code are you in? Anyone else having the same issues?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Does 911 Still Work If I Have No Service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONRIG92, we know the importance of being able to make a call to 911. We always want you to be connected, but we are sad to say that the phone needs service to make any call. Are you in an area that typically has our service? What zip code are you located at?

The iPhone 6 does have WiFi calling though, as long as you are on iOS 9.3 or higher.

You can enable that free feature by going to Settings on the phone, then tap Phone, then tap Wi-Fi Calling. To enable this you would need to be connected to our service initially, but then if you are in an area without our service with Wi-Fi you would be able to call.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes