Does Verizon support Wi-Fi calling on other devices?
SunDevilR

I have a 6+ and a WiFi only iPad Air2, both running latest iOS.  Yesterday my iPad was ay home, connected to my home WiFi.  I was miles from home (in my truck, not on any WiFi) when my 6+ rang.  I took the call.  When I got home I noticed that the iPad Facetime had notified me of an incoming audio call.  That has never happened, that I recall.  Apparently the wireless carrier can allow that to happen.  Is Verizon set up that way?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon support Wi-Fi calling on other devices?
Weth
Legend

FaceTime calls have nothing to do with Verizon.  That is an Apple function.  The default is all devices on the same AppleID account will ring with FaceTime voice or video call, even if not close by.  The settings that control this are at Settings / FaceTime

FaceTime audio is different than a regular voice call. FaceTime voice is routed over data through Apple vs a regular voice call over Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
iphone20

If You Have set up Call over Wi-Fi then the iPad will ring when you get a call but i thought you had to be in range with your iPhone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

FaceTime calls have nothing to do with Verizon.  That is an Apple function.  The default is all devices on the same AppleID account will ring with FaceTime voice or video call, even if not close by.  The settings that control this are at Settings / FaceTime

FaceTime audio is different than a regular voice call. FaceTime voice is routed over data through Apple vs a regular voice call over Verizon.

0 Likes