Dropped iPhone 6 in toilet for 1.5 seconds
mrskmoore2

Just want to be proactive. The phone works so far. Just sometimes the sound doesn't work. Is there anything I can do to avoid having future issues. I'll be leaving town soon and I need my phone to be working properly. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped iPhone 6 in toilet for 1.5 seconds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Water damage can appear after the fact. The best thing to do is check to see if you have insurance for you device. If you see any further damage then we highly recommend looking into using your insurance.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Water damage can appear after the fact. The best thing to do is check to see if you have insurance for you device. If you see any further damage then we highly recommend looking into using your insurance.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Other than having it replaced (if you have insurance or AppleCare+) you can try putting it in a bag of dry rice for a few days (preferably) so the rice can attempt to draw out any remaining liquid. No guarantees it will work. You may have damaged some internal parts which if that's the case any remaining warranty would be voided. I can't remember Apples out of warranty replacement costs for an iPhone 6 but I believe it was $329 for an iPhone 6 Plus. That's also an option of upgrading isn't an option right now.

0 Likes