Expect Ship Date: Not Available At This Time?
bculley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered a 16GB space gray iPhone 6 shortly after 3:01 AM EST on Friday September 12.  In my confirmation email, it says the phone will be delivered by 9/19. However, when I look up my order number to track it, the Expected Ship Date is "Not available at this time".

Any ideas what's going on? My card was charged.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Expect Ship Date: Not Available At This Time?
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

If your card was charged you should get your phone by the 19th. Congrats!

0 Likes
bculley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Card was charged yesterday. You still think that means I'll get it Friday?

0 Likes
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I think you will. They charge when the ship. Your phone is mostly likely at the nearest FedEx hub.

0 Likes
acollins1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, yesterday my shipping date was 10/7 and today it says "Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." I placed my order on Friday around 3pm EST for the iPhone 6 16GB in space gray.

I also have yet to see any pending charges on my credit card. Verizon, can someone please help me with his issue as well.

Thanks

jdizzy8

I too woke up early and experienced aweful process time.  I was on from 3:45AM to 5:10AM trying to complete my order.  When I finished, it said arrival on the 19th. Great, right?  Wrong.

Next I got an email confirmation that said Shipped by the Oct 7th.  Wow that's a big delay!  The, when I pulled the pre order number up on the site, that the link in the email takes me too, the next day it said the 19th.  A few days later it said not available.  Today, it finally updates now shows the 7th?

I get that it changed due to heavy demand but a few things bother me.

1st I called support and they couldn't help, they said they see the note of the 7th and couldn't confirm where I saw the 19th originally.  Also they couldn't tell me when it would ship or provide any shipping confirmation.  It seems strange but not the most upsetting part.

2nd, and more importantly.  I explained to support that I ordered 3 total devicies, all of which are being delayed for one device!  For myself, I ordered the 6+ space gray 64mb, for my wife the 6 silver 64mb, and my son a Galaxy S4 16GB.  I did not understand why, even though I did it as one order, my wife's and son's phones were being delayed. It appears that only the 6+ is in short supply, and what is the cause for this delay.  Everywhere it seems that there will be plenty of 6's out.  She explained to me they could rebuild the order, but I would lose my spot on the 7th if I did so for my 6+?  Is that really my only option?  I have to wait now until November just so my son and wife can have their phone sooner?  Or My wife and son have to wait until next month to get a phone I could go to the store and pick up tomorrow no problem?  This is aweful.

I came from a (2nd largest) competitor, who I was with 8 years, and I've never seen anything handled like this on any pre-order with that provider.  I am starting to regret my last 2 years at VZW, I came for the coverage and found it's no better in my area, more expensive, and now this?  I am tempted to camp out with my old provider tomorrow and if I can land the phones switch back.  Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

Good luck to everyone, maybe Apple can surprise everyone and get their supply up faster than the delay dates you have been given.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdizzy8,

We don't want you to regret any choices on coming over to the Verizon Wireless family. We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. With the orders all being placed at the same time they would all ship out at the same time as well.

We know everyone is super existed about these amazing phones. As your order moves through the process, you can check the status at http://bit.ly/RjmCUB. You may not be able to see a change from Processing until it officially ships, then you'll see the tracking number. If you've received a confirmation email that your order was submitted, any additional information throughout the fulfillment process will be sent to that same email address.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
jdizzy8

How did at least 10 customers walk into a store this morning and purchase a 6+ that was not a pre-order but mine is delayed until October?  Why can the other phones in my order not be delivered since they are available? This is horrible service.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Because store stock is not attached to online stock. No one was wronged by those being able to purchase in store...just like low store stock in a lot of locations wasn't wronged by preorders taking them all (I know some one that went to a store to get something that sold out before their turn is saying "Those darn preorders took everything from us! How dare they!!!" Lol). Two totally different stocks.