Re: Factory Unlocked but Overseas Locked.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

leitao, we want you to get the assistance that you need. You can contact Apple directly at their website: https://getsupport.apple.com/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leitao

I already talked to Apple and they sent me a proof that the phone is locked by Verizon and I need to take care of it with Verizon. If Verizon says its unlocked, I need a proof from Verizon saying its unlocked to show it to Apple.

So, how do I contact Verizon to talk about this and show the Apple document proof?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I feel for you - you have fallen deeply into this phase:

"Most people who have run into this issue get stuck in a loop where Apple tells them their iPhone is locked to AT&T or Verizon. (Yes, we all know Verizon can not legally lock phones.) AT&T or Verizon will accurately say the phone is not locked to their servers. The result is a frustrated phone owner. Unfortunately many find out only when they get overseas"

I have a feeling you are going to be bounced back and forth until you can get someone at Apple that actually takes extra time to review your situation and how it relates to the similar cases. Right now you are just getting the standard responses which are not going to help according to the findings of others in this same painful situation.

0 Likes
leitao

Exactly!

Today another Senior Advisor from Apple and he asked me for the serial number from the old Iphone since this one I have is a replacement. With the old serial he could check if the old phone was worldwide unlocked to guarantee that the actually phone should be unlocked  as well.

I'm so tired of this...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leitao, I understand how it can be frustrating to be told two different things about your phone. With Verizon, we absolutely do not lock our phones. We do have our own unique software. If you use your phone with a service provider whose software is not compatible with ours, it may cause activation issues.

You can always reach customer care at 800-922-0204.

Marcus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes