Re: Failed calls, missed calls, texts not delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details you have shared with us and want your issue resolved. To provide the support you need, please reach out using a method here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/. Let's get this resolved for you.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lissann, we want to ensure you're the happiest when being with Verizon. Having service is a must, so we're here to help. Do you know of others that also experience this? Do you take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling? That feature would be able to help improve your calls when at home. Another option would be in a Network Extender, but it would need to connect to a router. Does this information help? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
mclark100
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said before, I already have wifi calling turned on. And yes, as I said before, I realize the Extender is available, but I cant get one from my Verizon store. They said I have to get it from Corporate. That's the problem.... I cant talk to a Verizon person, and it seems like every response on this is from a different person. Can YOU get me an Extender?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mclark100-

Your concerns are not taken for granted. Please respond to my Private Message to better assist.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
stribling40

I have this same issue. I have tested on multiple Wi-Fi networks, in multiple locations, to multiple MDNs, with multiple device models, and 2 different ISPs.

Issue: When connected to Wi-Fi, calls and texts will intermittently fail to send. If you disconnect Wi-Fi, the call or text will send instantly. Occasionally, airplane mode and/or a restart is required to get the text or call to go through. I worked for VZW for almost 10 years, and i was in Tier II Tech Support for VZW  in a call center for over 5 years (Murfreesboro location), meaning i have went through all the troubleshooting necessary to eliminate it being a phone issue, ISP issue, specific MDN issue, etc (as listed above). We have 4 Samsung Galaxy devices (Note 8, S9, S9, S10) and 1 Motorola device.. This happens on all my devices, on multiple Wi-Fi connections from different locations and ISPs, to different recipients with different model phones. 

Many people (in forums) will recommend turning off WiFi calling. This is not a solution, for Wi-Fi calling is for... just that, to use when cell service is poor/weak. Of course, this does fix the issue when disabling Wi-Fi calling (because the issue is only existent when connected to a/(any) Wi-Fi network). This isnt carrier specific, device model specific, or location specific. I see many forums from many carriers where this issue is happening. I see if for mostly Android users.

Please shed light on this issue, as to whether it is a known issue being fixed in a future software patch, if there is a current solution to the issue, or whatever info/fix available at this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with your calls using Wi-Fi calling, stribling40. I know how important it is to have this feature working correctly. Let's check a few settings on your device to ensure everything is provisioned correctly. Please confirm that Wi-Fi Roaming is enable on your devices using the steps on this link.  http://spr.ly/66021YIug Then, please reset the phone app using the steps on this link and test Wi-Fi calling again. Please keep me posted on your progress. http://spr.ly/66031YIu9

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
stribling40

I already have Wi-Fi Roaming enabled, as well as, have already reset the app. Wi-Fi calling DOES work. The issue is... When connected to any Wi-Fi network, text and calls will stop unless you toggle your Wi-Fi connection, and sometimes, restart the phone completely.

Meaning, i do get the Wi-fi symbol on the phone app when connected to a Wi-Fi network. I am able to make/receive calls via Wi-Fi calling. However, intermittently it will cause the phone service (calls/text) to halt completely.. Data will still work without pause. So... intermittently i will go to 1) send a text or 2) make a call, and it will 1) spin and say unable to send text or say 2) calling, and timeout not being able to make the call.. I will retry to send the call or text with same result. I will turn off Wi-Fi, and it will send the text or make the call fine. I turn back on my Wi-Fi, and will be able to text or call just fine. However, later on, it will do it again.

0 Likes
Verizovictim

garbage%&#T

Verizon lies to its customers. Verizon cheats its customers. Verizon fails to deliver services as promised and when "investigating" they just disappear rather than fix things or admit their inabilities.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying how intermittent of an issue this is, stribling40. Was your phone not being used for a stretch of time prior to the call/text? Have you been able to run a speed test when this happens prior to toggling your Wi-Fi off and on?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
stribling40

I have noted the timing of the issue, and no, it does not matter if my phone stays idle for a long time period, or whether i was calling/texting within the last few minutes.

Also, i have a firewall that monitors speed, latency, packet loss, etc. Nothing happens on my network when this issue is present. As i stated previously, it is not isolated to my network. As this happens on multiple Wi-Fi networks with multiple ISPs.

This is clearly a bug. Multiple devices, multiple Wi-Fi networks, multiple ISPs. The only consistent piece throughout the process is Android. Also, i only have Samsung devices but multiple models (as previously stated). However, when reading different forums from multiple carriers and manufacturers, this seems to be happening with different device manufacturers, as well as, carriers.

VZW, however, is my carrier. Which is why i am here. I have posted this same issue on Samsung's forum, but i have yet to have a reply. So, thank you for your replies. I just hope that there is a solution to this issue, or a known bug reported of this issue, to know it is being worked on, and if there are any work arounds known (other than disabling Wi-Fi calling as i live in a very low service area of VZW and rely on Wi-Fi calling to communicate and/or perform my job. I work from home). It is just becoming more of an issue than it is a solution due to not ever knowing when service is "hung up" while connected to Wi-Fi until i go to text/call someone and get the spinning wheel of death.

0 Likes