Has anyone had luck with getting problems resolved with customer service regarding the iPhone 6 and the prior iPhone trade in program?
GaryGnu123

My local store is essentially inept - I spent 3 hours there during two trips regarding the iPhone 6 - the first time the salesman confirmed with his supervisor they could do what I wanted.  the second time, after two hours they said they could not and the first salesman was new.  they took back the iPhone 6 that we literally opened up at the counter and I was told we'd have to order a new one - which we ultimately did after I paid a restocking fee.

Regardless, I called the store today, was told they'd put me through to a manager on the phone but never did.  I called the 800 number for customer service, and while the rep was very nice, she said that I was stuck and they wouldn't do anything for me.

I have 6 lines (4 smart phones).  I've been a loyal customer since before they were Verizon.  But now I'm livid and ready to switch.

Anybody have any idea how to reach someone with authority who actually cares? Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone had luck with getting problems resolved with customer service regarding the iPhone 6 and the prior iPhone trade in program?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for explaining all that happened. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and miscommunication. I understand not wanting to lose your unlimited data. I also understand wanting to get the newest device available. The iPhone that was just purchased can be returned to the store and you can get your unlimited data back. This has to be done within 14 days. After that your grandfathered plan would be gone.

VanetrisC

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had luck with getting problems resolved with customer service regarding the iPhone 6 and the prior iPhone trade in program?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GaryGnu123

I'm very sorry to hear about any trouble getting the support you need! We're definitely here to help. What's going on?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GaryGnu123

Thank you for the reply.  I truly can't get recourse or anyone to help at my local store (in fact, conflicting information) and when I called the 800 number the customer support person was very nice, made it seem like she'd try to resolve my issue - and then with a friendly smile said Verizon wouldn't do anything for me.

I can reply privately, give you my contact info, or air my issues publicly - whatever would be most beneficial - thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GaryGnu123,

We would be more than happy to assist you with your issues. What happened at the store?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GaryGnu123

First trip was 1 hour.  Rep said we can buy and iPhone 6 and get a $200 credit for the return of our iPhone 4 (this is my wife's - I have 3 other smartphones on the account plus two other phones on the account).  we didn't want to lose her unlimited data and I was told we wouldn't - and he double checked with someone in the back.

the phone was paid for and backordered.  when it arrived, we then went to the Verizon store again (Manalapan, New Jersey) and 2 more hours later, were told if we upgraded one of the non-smartphone lines for data, we'd be stuck with that data for the next 2 years, even though we were going to use our other line.  we had opened the phone at the counter and the programming had been started.  I explained to the rep we were told we could do this and cancel the new data and put the iPhone 6 on our unlimited data line and we'd be locked in for another 2 years as we were told originally, but new rep said this was not the case.  we ultimately agreed to return the iPhone 6, and use the upgrade on our unlimited data line, losing the unlimited data.  phone came on October 15th, I programmed, and it is working fine.  I called the store today to ask how I get my $200 credit, and was advised that I had to have registered before October 15 and now it was too late, but they'd give me a $100 trade in for my iphone 6 even though it's only worth $30.  What???? they only told me I had to buy the phone before October 15.  I'm hopping mad.  I contacted the 800 number and customer service politely told me they wouldn't do anything.  I called the store again to see about the $100 and the next person who answered said I could only get $30 for my iPhone 4.

At this time, my plan is to return the iPhone 6, buy a used 5S on ebay and put on the account, and when my lines are out of contract (most are) switch to another provider.

I hate to use the forum as a cry baby fest, but I've tried the store and the 800 line.  6 lines.  more than 15 years as a Verizon wireless customer, and I feel kicked in the teeth.

I am an attorney - I'm seriously considering exploring whether there is viability for others similarly situated to myself (a/k/a a class action).

I've already paid a $45 or so return fee on the iPhone that was opened for 10 minutes at the Verizon counter.  Now I expect i'll get hit with another.  I spent more than 3 hours at the store and probably another 2 hours today.  that's pretty much my story in a nutshell.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for explaining all that happened. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and miscommunication. I understand not wanting to lose your unlimited data. I also understand wanting to get the newest device available. The iPhone that was just purchased can be returned to the store and you can get your unlimited data back. This has to be done within 14 days. After that your grandfathered plan would be gone.

VanetrisC

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes