Help??
LeeConley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I used my hotspot on my Xbox one to watch YouTube. From 1:15-6:05 I've somehow used over 21 gbs over my plan within that time frame. Is there a problem with my service??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help??
Snn5
Legend

No...no problem with service.  But your high data use is definitely from watching high definition video for 5 hours.  Although every video might not have been the same high resolution, the connection may use the highest quality available because you had a strong LTE signal.

LeeConley
Enthusiast - Level 2

But dang near 5 gb a hour seems like it's far-fetched don't you think? To me at least.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeConely,
Help has arrived. I can understand how there is alarm in this situation. However, Snn5, is correct. When connecting your hotspot to your Xbox will pull the highest clarity there is. We do advise when connecting your hotspot to gaming consoles it will use large amounts of data. We encourage you to change your plan online at verizonwireless.com

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LeeConley
Enthusiast - Level 2

im already on a 30gb plan haha. Just didn't understand how I kept using aye gb dang about every 10 mins.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Here are some estimates.  Netflix will usually use a lot more data than YouTube, but connection speed matters and the faster the connection the better the quality meaning the more data used.

Watching movies or TV shows on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video. This can create headaches for Netflix members who have a monthly bandwidth or data cap on their Internet service.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
LeeConley
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you upload pics??

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

One question and one thread at a time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeConley,

Uploading your frozen moments in time should be a breeze. Help is here.
Where are you looking to upload your pics to?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

LeeConley wrote:

But dang near 5 gb a hour seems like it's far-fetched don't you think? To me at least.

5 GB is actually on the low end for high definition video per hour. It can go much higher per hour, such as 18 GB. In the future, you can force the video to be lower resolution so you don't use as much per hour if you do not want to.