How can a communications company have such poor communications?
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Verizin,

I received an email titled, "Your Order Conformation" that lists the two iPhone 6 models I ordered. The status states that the order is waiting for credit card verification, etc. When I open my Verizon account it shows no order has been made.

Have my phones been ordered or not. The estimated delivery date for these two phones when I ordered them was 10/7. Is that still happening? I'm planning to trade in my two iPhones for your promised $200 certificates. Evidently your computer systems don't talk with each other because the trade in department doesn't see my order and said they can't mail the boxes for me to mail in my trade in phones because they have no proof that I ordered these iPhones. Obviously someone didn't see a need to communicate between ordering and trade ins nor did they feel that communication with your customers was important. This is pathetic for a "communications" company.

The other issue is how can I trade in my iPhones by September 30th if my iPhone 6 models aren't going to be shipped by then? It sounds to me that there is a discrepancy in all this. Obviously the program wasn't well thought out our you are doing another poor job on communicating with your customers.

My wife and I have been customers with Verizon for a long time. We used to carry around one of those big Motorola phones and were limited to ten minutes of talk time on our plan. It seems that Verizon no longer truly cares about our loyalty to your company. We're not asking for anything special. We just want Verizon to follow through with their promise to provide a "free" iPhone 6 to those have iPhones that meet the requirements. Our iPhones are in perfect condition. Once the cases and film over the screens are removed no one will be able to tell if they have ever been used. Perhaps it's time we started looking at the offerings of other carriers. Maybe we won't get new iPhone 6 models but at this point it's a matter of truthfulness in advertising. Quite frankly I'd love to stay with Verizon but if you can't come through with your promises after all our years with your company, why should we.

Thank you for listening to our side of this issue. We eagerly await your timely response to our questions above.  Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can a communications company have such poor communications?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuelAdams, I'm sorry for any confusion this promotion has caused. I'd be happy to set you on the right path. My Verizon will not display the order under your order history until a tracking number has been assigned. You are still able to track your order's status with your confirmation number here: http://vz.to/1svqRov

We realize that due to shipment being pushed back, you may not receive the new iPhone in time to ship your old iPhone to us. Don't worry, we have factored this into our Trade-in offer. We are only asking that you submit your appraisal on or before September 30, 2014. We are asking that you ship your old iPhone to us before December 1, 2014, which will leave you with enough time to set up your new device and ensure your information has been backed up. You can view this information here under "iPhone Trade-In Promotion" under number 2: http://vz.to/1q0nyxQ

I would still like to confirm the status of your order since you mentioned it was pending credit card verification. I have sent you a direct message, please reply to my message if you still need assistance.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can a communications company have such poor communications?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuelAdams, I'm sorry for any confusion this promotion has caused. I'd be happy to set you on the right path. My Verizon will not display the order under your order history until a tracking number has been assigned. You are still able to track your order's status with your confirmation number here: http://vz.to/1svqRov

We realize that due to shipment being pushed back, you may not receive the new iPhone in time to ship your old iPhone to us. Don't worry, we have factored this into our Trade-in offer. We are only asking that you submit your appraisal on or before September 30, 2014. We are asking that you ship your old iPhone to us before December 1, 2014, which will leave you with enough time to set up your new device and ensure your information has been backed up. You can view this information here under "iPhone Trade-In Promotion" under number 2: http://vz.to/1q0nyxQ

I would still like to confirm the status of your order since you mentioned it was pending credit card verification. I have sent you a direct message, please reply to my message if you still need assistance.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes