How do I check my iPhone's Restore Status?
Mollie1979

I woke up to my iphone wiped out.  Finally figured out how to request a restore form the icloud, but haven't received instructions on how to do this as of yet.  I really need to access my phone for work.  Here are my questions:

1) Is there a way for me to check the status of my request for icloud restore?  I requested this this morning and still have not heard anything.  I used my husbands phone number for validation code.

2) can I start as a new phone now (so I have access to it) and restore form icloud later?

3) Is there something that II am not doing that I should be doing?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone wiped out this morning..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mollie1979, we have the answers you need about restoring your iPhone. http://spr.ly/65878yfkt Like Weth indicated, you can set-up your phone as new and restore later and this should happen right away. Have you backed up to iTunes?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

iCloud restore is immediate so not sure what you mean it was requested and you are waiting. You can set up as new and start using and then delete and restore later. 

when you go through setup, it should ask to restore from iCloud, enter appleID and password, select appropriate backup and restore starts.  it is best to be on wifi when you do this. 

0 Likes
Mollie1979

I attempted to request the back up again because it was not instantaneous.  I received the message that my request was already processing and that the back up will take a few days.  Does that mean the instructions will take a few days to come or after I receive the instructions it will take a few days?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Can you use your phone now?  Once you get a restore, the phone works but data and apps continue to load up in the background. If you have slow wifi and lots of data and apps it could take days. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mollie1979, we have the answers you need about restoring your iPhone. http://spr.ly/65878yfkt Like Weth indicated, you can set-up your phone as new and restore later and this should happen right away. Have you backed up to iTunes?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes