How do I prevent location services from being turned off?
anniebtheone

How can I lock the settings on my teens cell so he can't change the locations services? Is that possible? I don't want to take away his cell but I might have to if I can't control this feature.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My teen keeps turning his location services off!
mama23dogs
Legend

TO locate his phone with iCloud, you need his Apple ID and password. 

Login to iCloud.com on a computer, or use it on "find my iPhone" app on another apple device, or on an android phone, download "find iDevices ".  

GPS does not have to be on to locate a device, but it does have to be on and connected to a cellular OR wifi network for iCloud to locate it.   Using iCloud, I can locate my kids iPhones, my iPod touch, iPad, and Mac computers.  Computers do not have GPS, but they can allow location services.

If your son goes out of his way to turn off all location service, iCloud should mark the last known location.  You can set the restrictions as above. 

Next step, you can "LoJack" his car.  TRACK TEEN DRIVER: GPS vehicle tracking equipment and GPS location service to the parents of first-t...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

MY son keeps his GPS off on his iPhone to save battery, but iCloud still locates his phone.

are you using iCloud or another app to locate him?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You sure can.

Get his iPhone, go into settings / General  / Restrictions

Click on enable restriction. Make up a 4 digit code you know but he does not

now scroll down to privacy and click on location services

Make sure location services is on and share my location is on

now choose Don't allow changes

back out of restrictions

nnow he can't turn it off, unless he turns the phone off.

anniebtheone

I have iCloud and we store our pictures and stuff there but don't know how to use it to locate his cell. How can I do that?

0 Likes
anniebtheone

Wow Weth,

That sounds easy, I will have to do that ASAP. My only problem is I don't have his cell currently. My X has it because I took my sons cell away when he had a D in Spanish. My lovely X went and bought him a IPhone6 behind my back.

0 Likes
anniebtheone

Q? What other app will locate him or the cell if location services is off?

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Locator apps use GPS which requires that location services be turned on.  I don't know of any app that will locate someone with location/GPS turned off.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

TO locate his phone with iCloud, you need his Apple ID and password. 

Login to iCloud.com on a computer, or use it on "find my iPhone" app on another apple device, or on an android phone, download "find iDevices ".  

GPS does not have to be on to locate a device, but it does have to be on and connected to a cellular OR wifi network for iCloud to locate it.   Using iCloud, I can locate my kids iPhones, my iPod touch, iPad, and Mac computers.  Computers do not have GPS, but they can allow location services.

If your son goes out of his way to turn off all location service, iCloud should mark the last known location.  You can set the restrictions as above. 

Next step, you can "LoJack" his car.  TRACK TEEN DRIVER: GPS vehicle tracking equipment and GPS location service to the parents of first-t...

0 Likes
Adellwilliams

Can this be done on a android? I am having the same issue with my son.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current.

If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes