How do I set up a mobile hotspot?
Bayardo84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 6s with an unlimited data plan. I want to turn it into a personal hotspot so that  my kids can do homework on my MacBook Pro while we drive. The directions on the internet did not really help. It showed a "mobile " setting which I don't have for my  hotspots setting and under personal hotspots setting  all I have is a directive to a link to the general Verizon website which is not helpful. I know that both the phone and computer are set up for easy links for this. How do I do this? I have an unlimited data plan. So that should not be an issue either. I just need directions to make the hotspot happen. Please help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotspots
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TylerK_VZW

Great question, Bayardo84. As this is an older package, you may not see it advertised to add the hotspot to your account. If you log into your MyVerizon, navigate to the manage features section, followed by finding the $30 Mobile hotspot feature. As you stated, you have a 4G LTE device using Unlimited Data. This means, you can add the feature to access your unlimited plan and project the hotspot for up to $30 per month.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TylerK_VZW

Great question, Bayardo84. As this is an older package, you may not see it advertised to add the hotspot to your account. If you log into your MyVerizon, navigate to the manage features section, followed by finding the $30 Mobile hotspot feature. As you stated, you have a 4G LTE device using Unlimited Data. This means, you can add the feature to access your unlimited plan and project the hotspot for up to $30 per month.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, $50 for unlimited data on that phone plus $30 to activate hotspot.  Hotspot is included at no charge only on the limited data More Everything and Verizon plans. 

0 Likes