How do I trade in my iPhone 6 for an iPhone 6s on Edge?
Vince10017

I have an iPhone 6 from launch date last year that I bought on the edge program.  I don't know what happens now on Friday.  I've paid off 50% of my phone, which I believe was the original agreement I made to be eligible to upgrade by turning in the device.  Now that Edge doesn't exist, what contract terms am I bound by?  The original: I have paid 50% so I send back the old iPhone 6 and can buy the iPhone 6S on device payment plan tomorrow morning?  The device payment plans: I must pay off 100%.  And if it's the latter do I make a payment to pay off the device today, then upgrade to the new phone tomorrow and I keep the old iPhone 6 to sell as I see fit to recoup the money I just laid out to pay it off?  Very confused.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s on Edge
Snn5
Legend

Edge is now Device Payment Plan, so nothing changes on your agreement.  This means that if your min is 50%, then you can trade in and begin the DPP at 100% on a new phone.  You can also pay off the phone in full and then begin a DPP on a new phone leaving you with the option to sell your old phone to recoup for the new one.

0 Likes
Vince10017

Thank you Snn5.  I just checked and I'm actually contracted to need to pay off 60%.  I'm currently at 55% and won't be at 60% until I pay next month's bill.  So if I want the phone Friday are my options to make a $37 payment against the device to bring it up to 60% or to just pay out the device in total.

And if I understand you correctly if I pay off the device in total (~$350) then it's mine to keep and I can sell it elsewhere.  Whereas if I just bring it above 60%, I would have to return it to Verizon?  Is that right?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Right, to keep it you have to pay 100%, but at this point you'd have to pay ALL that is left owed to move forward on a new phone, because you cannot make a larger payment on the Edge program.  So, at this point you either pay normal monthly payments until you reach 60% and trade in, or you pay it off 100% in one payment, keep it, sell it.

0 Likes
Vince10017

Thank you very much, you've been so helpful.  I have one last clarifying question.  (You'd think I was a teenage girl trying to get the latest tickets to a boy band concert - and I'm actually a grown man who just obsesses over technology...sad really)  Anyway, if I pay off the device today in full is it instant so tomorrow it will show we free and clear to start a new device payment plan on the 6s?

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

As soon as payment clears and posts to your account, the phone will show paid off.

0 Likes