Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I trade in my iPhone 6 for an iPhone 6s on Edge?
Vince10017

I have an iPhone 6 from launch date last year that I bought on the edge program.  I don't know what happens now on Friday.  I've paid off 50% of my phone, which I believe was the original agreement I made to be eligible to upgrade by turning in the device.  Now that Edge doesn't exist, what contract terms am I bound by?  The original: I have paid 50% so I send back the old iPhone 6 and can buy the iPhone 6S on device payment plan tomorrow morning?  The device payment plans: I must pay off 100%.  And if it's the latter do I make a payment to pay off the device today, then upgrade to the new phone tomorrow and I keep the old iPhone 6 to sell as I see fit to recoup the money I just laid out to pay it off?  Very confused.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s on Edge
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Edge is now Device Payment Plan, so nothing changes on your agreement.  This means that if your min is 50%, then you can trade in and begin the DPP at 100% on a new phone.  You can also pay off the phone in full and then begin a DPP on a new phone leaving you with the option to sell your old phone to recoup for the new one.

0 Likes
Vince10017

Thank you Snn5.  I just checked and I'm actually contracted to need to pay off 60%.  I'm currently at 55% and won't be at 60% until I pay next month's bill.  So if I want the phone Friday are my options to make a $37 payment against the device to bring it up to 60% or to just pay out the device in total.

And if I understand you correctly if I pay off the device in total (~$350) then it's mine to keep and I can sell it elsewhere.  Whereas if I just bring it above 60%, I would have to return it to Verizon?  Is that right?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Right, to keep it you have to pay 100%, but at this point you'd have to pay ALL that is left owed to move forward on a new phone, because you cannot make a larger payment on the Edge program.  So, at this point you either pay normal monthly payments until you reach 60% and trade in, or you pay it off 100% in one payment, keep it, sell it.

0 Likes
Vince10017

Thank you very much, you've been so helpful.  I have one last clarifying question.  (You'd think I was a teenage girl trying to get the latest tickets to a boy band concert - and I'm actually a grown man who just obsesses over technology...sad really)  Anyway, if I pay off the device today in full is it instant so tomorrow it will show we free and clear to start a new device payment plan on the 6s?

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

As soon as payment clears and posts to your account, the phone will show paid off.

0 Likes